2008 Shanghai International Film Festival
The 2008 Shanghai International Film Festival is the 11th such festival devoted to international cinema to be held in Shanghai, China. It was held from June 14–22, 2008. Hong Kong film director Wong Kar-wai was the head of jury at this year's film festival along with other jury members such as Chinese-American actress Joan Chen, legendary Danish director Bille August and Israeli stage actress Gila Almagor.
The competition lineup included films from China, Europe, Japan, Argentina, South Korea, Lithuania, Russia, the Czech Republic and New Zealand. A total of 260 films were shown at this year's festival. Lithuanian film Loss was awarded two Golden Goblets - for best directing (Maris Martinsons) and best music (Andrius Mamontovas).
This year's jury members are:
- Wong Kar-wai (Director, Hong Kong, China, jury president)
- Joan Chen (Actress, United States)
- Ulrich Felsberg (Film producer, Germany)
- Bille August (Director, Denmark)
- Gila Almagor (Actress-writer, Israel)
- Kaori Momoi (Actress, Japan)
- Huo Jianqi (Director, China)
- "Wong Kar-wai to head Shanghai film festival jury". CNN. Retrieved 2008-06-11.[dead link]
- "Wong Kar-wai fills in for Minghella at Shanghai film fest". CBC. 2008-06-06. Archived from the original on 7 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Hong Kong director Wong Kar-wai to head Shanghai International Film Festival". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2008-06-11.[dead link]
- Shanghai Film Festival Seeking Jury Head 2008-03-22, Shanghai Daily