2008 Turkey UFO sightings
The 2008 Turkey UFO sightings were a series of videotaped and documented UFO sightings by the 42-year-old Yalcin Yalman, a night guard in Turkey. He claims they occurred between May and September 2008, mostly while the sky was dark (between 8:00pm and 5:00am), though some of the video is taken at dawn, out over the Sea of Marmara. According to the United Kingdom's Daily Telegraph, Turkish scientists consider this case to be a computer generated hoax.
|Some or all of this section's listed sources may not be reliable. (November 2013)|
Yalcin Yalman, who had previously filmed footage of UFO sightings in Turkey in 2007, among many residents, witnessed one or more UFOs on several nights during the months of May–September 2008. This video, like the last, was shot over Yeni Kent Compound in the evening to morning hours.
Yalman provided the Sirius UFO Space Science Research Center with about two and a half hours of footage from the four-month period. The Center went through the footage frame-by-frame and interviewed people who claimed to have witnessed one or more of the incidents. The chairman of the UFO Research Center, Haktan Akdogan, said that "after conducting all of the analysis we came to the conclusion that this video footage is 100 per cent genuine." Akdogan also said that it was concluded that the objects sighted, showing physical and material structures, are not airplanes or helicopters, nor are they any kind of space phenomenon (i.e. planets, meteorites etc...), nor are they the result of natural or atmospheric disturbances. The Sirius UFO Center is also optimistic about supposed evidence of alien life contained in some of the videos. Akdogan said that, in addition to the metallic structures of the UFOs sighted, "in the close-up of some footages [sic] of the objects, entities in them can be distinctly made out."
Akdogan added, "now it is a time for world governments to acknowledge the reality of UFOs."
- Sasjkia Otto (August 17, 2009). "UFO Files: top 10 UFO sightings". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "Istanbul 2007". Sirius UFO Space Science Research Center. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- "Istanbul 2008". Sirius UFO Space Science Research Center. Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- Lander, Sebastian (21 October 2008). "'Flying Saucer' Filmed in Turkey". The Sun - News/UFOs (London: The Sun). Retrieved 3 November 2008.
- Tubitak Report
- "The Sun - 'Flying Saucer' filmed in Turkey" - 02:44 [Embedded]
- Footage Analysis and Close-ups of Supposed Entities