2008 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 2008 in Denmark.
- February 16 – The Royal Playhouse on Copenhagen's waterfront is inaugurated with the play Hamlet, featuring Nicolas Bro in the title-role.
- May 24 – Prince Joachim marries Marie Cavallier in Møgeltønder.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- June 27 – Lundgaard & Tranberg's Royal Playhouse in Copenhagen wins a 2008 RIBA European Award at the Royal Institute of British Architects' annual awards ceremony in London.
- October 23 – Schmidt hammer lassen's Performers House in Silkeborg wins the Grand Prix at the 5th LEAF Awards in London.
- February 8 – Erik Refner from Berlingske Tidende wins 1st prize in the Sports Features Stories category in the 51st World Press Photo Contest for a photo series of exhausted runners in Copenhagen Marathon.
- August 8–24 – Denmark at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing: 2 gold medals, 2 silver medals, 3 bronze medals.
- May 1 – Brøndby IF wins the 2007–08 Danish Cup by defeating Esbjerg fB 3–2 in the final.
- September 10 – Denmark defeats Portugal 3–2 in Group 1 of the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification.
- January 27 – Denmark wins the 2008 European Men's Handball Championship after defeating Croatia in the final.
- March 9 – Tine Rasmussen wins gold in Women's Single at All England Open.
- April 16–20 – With three gold medals, three silver medals and tow bronze medals, Denmark finishes as the best nation at the 21st European Badminton Championships in Herning, Denmark.
- June 8 – Matti Breschel wins the Philadelphia International Championship
- June 15 – Tom Kristensen wins Le Mens for the 8tj time when he wins the 2008 24 Hours of Le Mans with Audi Sport North America.
- July 19 – Denmark wins the 2008 Speedway World Cup final in Vojens, Denmark.
- September 29 – Matti Breschel wins bronze in Men's road race at the 2008 UCI Road World Championships in Italy.
- October 18 – Nicki Pedersen becomes Speedway World Championship by winning the 2008 Speedway Grand Prix series.
- November 2 – Søren Kjeldsen wins the 21st and final Volvo Masters at Valderrama Golf Club in Andalucia at eight under par.
- June 29 – Prince Aristidis-Stavros of Greece and Denmark, youngest child of Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece and Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece
- February 10 – Inga Nielsen, opera singer (born 1946)
- November 28 – Jørn Utzon, architect (born 1918)
- "Skuespilhuset åbner". AOK. Archived from the original on 2 October 2009. Retrieved November 5, 2009.
- "Året der gik i Danmark". TV2. Archived from the original on January 1, 2008. Retrieved November 5, 2009.
- "RIBA National and European Award winners 2008 announced". RIBA. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "Emirates Glass LEAF Awards 2008". detail.de. Retrieved September 15, 2009.
- "Manslaughter wins Nordic Film Prize". Cineuropa. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- "Soren Kjeldsen wins the 21st and final Volvo Masters". Andalucia Com S.L and. Retrieved February 23, 2012.