2009 All-Pro Team
The 2009 All-Pro Team consists of National Football League (NFL) players named to the Associated Press (AP), Pro Football Writers Association (PFWA), and Sporting News All-Pro teams in the 2009 NFL season. The Associated Press and Sporting News named first and second-team selections. The AP team was selected by a national panel of 50 NFL writers. The Sporting News selection process consisted of a players poll, making it "The Players' All-Pro Team". The PFWA All-NFL team is based on a poll of its more than 300 members.
|Position||First Team||Second Team|
|Kicker||Nate Kaeding, San Diego Chargers (AP, PFWA)
David Akers, Philadelphia Eagles (SN)
|Nate Kaeding, San Diego Chargers (SN-2)
David Akers, Philadelphia Eagles (AP-2)
|Punter||Shane Lechler, Oakland Raiders (AP, PFWA, SN)||Donnie Jones, St. Louis Rams (AP-2t, SN-2)
Andy Lee, San Francisco 49ers (AP-2t)
|Kick returner||Josh Cribbs, Cleveland Browns (AP, PFWA)
Percy Harvin, Minnesota Vikings (SN)
|Josh Cribbs, Cleveland Browns (SN-2)
DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles(AP-2)
|Punt returner[d]||DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles (PFWA, SN)||Patrick Crayton, Dallas Cowboys (SN-2)|
|Special teams[e]||Kassim Osgood, San Diego Chargers (PFWA)|
- a Only the AP designates fullbacks.
- b The Sporting News groups all linebackers together and names three total, the PFWA names two outside and one inside (middle) linebacker (as in a 4-3 defense), while the AP designates two outside and two inside linebackers.
- c Cushing was originally named as a second-team outside linebacker by the AP along with Lamar Woodley. When it was disclosed several months after the voting was completed that he had failed a drug test administered during the season the AP decided to re-open voting at the position. Cushing was named on only one ballot in the re-vote, down from 5 votes he originally received. James Harrison and Lance Briggs replaced Cushing.
- d The AP does not designate a punt returner.
- e Only PFWA designates a special teams player.
- AP = Associated Press All-Pro team
- AP-2 = Associated Press Second-team All-Pro
- PFWA = Pro Football Writers Association All-NFL team
- SN = The Sporting News All-Pro Team
- SN-2 = The Sporting News Second-team All-Pro Team
- "NFL Insider", Sporting News, February 2, 2009, Volume 233, No. 5, pp. 56-57. Retrieved August, 25, 2010.
- McClain, John (May 12, 2010). "Texans' Cushing remains AP Defensive Rookie of the Year". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
- "2009 All-Pro Team". CBS Sports. May 12, 2010. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
- 2009 AP All-Pro Team voting
- Sporting News 2009 All-Pro team offense
- Sporting News 2009 All-Pro team defense
- Manning, Woodson lead PFWA All-NFL team
- Pro Football Weekly, January 24, 2010. Volume 24, Issue 28. pg 14.