2010 African Championships in Athletics
|2010 African Championships|
The host stadium in Nairobi
|Host city||Nairobi, Kenya|
|Date(s)||28 July – 1 August|
|Main stadium||Nyayo Stadium|
|Participation||587 athletes from
|Records set||6 Championship records|
The African Championships in Athletics were held in Kenya for the first time. Previously two major athletics events have been held in Kenya, namely 1987 All-Africa Games and 2007 IAAF World Cross Country Championships.
The event was originally scheduled to be held from April 28 to May 2, 2010, but due to delayed preparations the event was moved forward. The Moi International Sports Centre was initially set to become the host venue, but it was later changed to the smaller Nyayo Stadium.
|21||Democratic Republic of the Congo||0||0||1||1|
- Source: 
- Daily Nation, July 26, 2010: On your marks, set...Kenya ready on eve of Games
- The Standard, September 26, 2009: African Championships dates changed
- The Standard, July 14, 2009: African Athletics Championships event organisers in race against time
- Daily Nation, December 22, 2009: Nyayo it is for continental athletics fete
- Daily reports
- Negash, Elshadai (2010-07-27). High powered rivalries expected in Nairobi – African Championships preview. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-07-31.
- Negash, Elshadai (2010-07-28). Kiprop takes men’s 10,000m as African championships begin in Nairobi. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-07-31.
- Negash, Elshadai (2010-07-29). Meite, Okagbare take 100m titles, Cheruiyot over Defar again in the 5000m - African champs Day 2. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-07-31.
- Negash, Elshadai (2010-07-30). Rudisha sizzles 1:42.84 in Nairobi as Kenya collects three golds in Nairobi - African champs, day 3. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-07-31.
- Negash, Elshadai (2010-07-31). Dibaba takes down Masai in 10,000m to notch first Ethiopian gold in Nairobi - African champs, day 4. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-07-31.
- Negash, Elshadai (2010-08-01). Kenya captures five gold medals as African champs conclude in Nairobi - African champs, day 5. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-08-01.