The Canadian federal budget for the 2010-2011 fiscal year (April 1, 2010 - March 31, 2011) was presented to the Canadian House of Commons by Finance Minister Jim Flaherty on March 4, 2010 after returning from a two month prorogued parliament.
Areas of direction
- $3.2 billion in personal income tax relief.
- Over $4 billion in actions to create and protect jobs.
- $7.7 billion in infrastructure stimulus to create jobs.
- Nearly $2 billion to help create the "Economy of Tomorrow"
- $2.2 billion to support industries and communities.
- Fiscal spending of $1.6 billion on unemployment benefits and $1 billion in new skills and training programs.
- Youth-related spending of $108-million
Opposition and approval
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)