2010 FINA World Open Water Swimming Championships
The championships featured 3 race distances: 5-kilometer (5K), 10-kilometer (10K) and 25-kilometer (25K). Schedule for the championships was:
- Saturday, July 17: Women's 10K (11:30 a.m.)
- Sunday, July 18: Men's 10K (11:30 a.m.)
- Tuesday, July 20: Women's 5K (10:30 a.m.), Men's 5K (2:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, July 22: Women's 25K (9:15 a.m. start), Men's 25K (9:00 a.m. start)
Open Water Worlds
The 2010 edition of the Open Water Worlds were the last stand-alone "open" (meaning no age limit) championships, and a Junior Open Water Worlds is to be created in its place. However, the Open Water events will remain in the biennial World Championships. This change brings the open water discipline closer to matching FINA's other disciplines in championships structuring.
On 14 June 2010, the event organizers announced that 144 athletes from 30 countries have entered the championships. Countries entered are:
*Syria and the UAE are both listed in the overview of teams attending; however, neither have entries on the athlete roster for the Championships.
|1:02:01.0||Ana Marcela Cunha
Overall point standings for the 6th Open Water Worlds are:
- Official website of Roberval2010: 6th World Open Water Swimming Championships. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- (French) Calendrier officiel Roberval 2010 (trans: Roberval 2010 Official Calendar); published 2009-10-26, retrieved 2010-01-31.
- FINA Press Release 2010-02: FINA Bureau Meeting in Bangkok (THA) – Main decisions (a report on the January 14+15, 2010 FINA Bureau meeting). Published 2010-01-16; retrieved 2010-01-25.
- (French) Roberval 2010 : Compétitions (press release by the organizers of the 2010 Open Water World Championships); published 2010-06-14, retrieved 2010-06-16..
- Entry List by Country for the 2010 Open Water Worlds; published by the event organized. Retrieved 2010-07-19.
- Team Points for the 6th FINA World Open Water Swimming Championships. Published by the event organizers on www.roberval2010.com on 2010-07-22; retrieved 2010-07-23.