2010 Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series
The 2010 Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series is the third running of the V8 Touring Car National Series. The series takes place on the program of Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships events. The Series began at Symmons Plains Raceway on 10 April and finished at Sandown Raceway on 24 October. Entries were hit hard in 2010 with just seven cars appearing across the opening two rounds and only three appearing at both of the first two events. Entries picked up after that, peaking at 14 cars at Winton.
Experienced V8 Supercar racer Tony Evangelou clinched the championship a round early at Eastern Creek Raceway. Evengelou won eight of the 15 races, including all five rounds. Evangelou dominated the point score, over 200 points ahead of Terry Wyhoon, who moved into second place passing Chris Smerdon at the final round. Wyhoon collected four of the race wins Evangelou did not with the other three won by Dean Neville, Scott Loadsman and Sam Walter.
The 2010 Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series will consist of five rounds held across four states:
|1||Symmons Plains Raceway||Launceston, Tasmania||10–11 April||Terry Wyhoon|
|2||Mallala Motor Sport Park||Mallala, South Australia||29–30 May||Tony Evangelou|
|3||Winton Motor Raceway||Benalla, Victoria||26–27 June||Tony Evangelou|
|4||Eastern Creek Raceway||Sydney, New South Wales||11–12 September||Tony Evangelou|
|5||Sandown Raceway||Melbourne, Victoria||23–24 October||Tony Evangelou|
Points awarded for Time Attack are dependent on number of cars that take part in qualifying, with the winner scoring two points for each car to compete with gaps of two descending from that point.
|Races 1, 2 & 3||40||35||31||27||23||20||17||15||13||11|
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers have competed during the 2010 Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series.
|Hansen Pty Ltd||5||Matthew Hansen||Ford AU Falcon|
|ANT Racing||6||Tony Evangelou||Ford BA Falcon|
|Steve Ingwersen Painting||15||Steve Ingwersen||Holden VS Commodore|
|Image Racing||18||Leigh Moran||Ford EL Falcon|
|41||Terry Wyhoon||Ford AU Falcon
Ford BA Falcon
|49||Mark Sheppard||Ford AU Falcon|
|Century 21 Hazelbrook||21||Chris Delfsma||Ford AU Falcon|
|Holden VY Commodore|
|JCV Automotive||26||John Vergotis||Ford AU Falcon|
|Power Plus Fuels||27||Shaun Fennell||Holden VX Commodore|
|Sydney Star Racing||33
|Stephen Voight||Holden VY Commodore|
|98||Aaron Tebb||Holden VY Commodore|
|Eggleston Motorsport||38||Ben Eggleston||Holden VX Commodore|
|Harmony||39||Chris Smerdon||Ford AU Falcon
Ford BA Falcon
|47||Sam Walter||Holden VY Commodore|
|Loadsman Racing Team||62||Scott Loadsman||Holden VY Commodore|
|Kitome||69||Dean Neville||Ford BA Falcon|
|Bartsch Builders||81||Michael Bartsch||Ford AU Falcon|
- "Symmons Plains International Raceway 09/04/2010 Round 2 Shannons Nationals 2010". National Software. 11 April 2010. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Mallala Motorsport Park 30/05/2010 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships - Round 4". National Software. 30 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Winton Motor Raceway 27/06/2010 2010 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championship - Round 5". National Software. 27 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "Eastern Creek International Raceway 12/09/2010 Shannon's National Racing Series - Rnd 8". National Software. 12 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "Sandown International Motor Raceway 24/10/2010 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships 2010 - Round 9". National Software. 24 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-25.