2010 in Azerbaijan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Major events of 2010 in Azerbaijan.
- February 18 — Three Azerbaijani soldiers were killed and one wounded as a result of the 2010 Nagorno-Karabakh skirmish.
- April 13 — 2010 European Wrestling Championships opened in Baku (ended on April 18).
- April 25 — 2010 Youth World Amateur Boxing Championships opened in Baku (ended on May 3).
- May 23 — The 2009–10 Azerbaijan Cup final between FK Baku and FK Khazar Lankaran took place in Baku.
- October 26 — The eighteenth season of Azerbaijan Cup competitions opened.
- November 7 — 2010 parliamentary election was held.
- November 19 — Two opposition bloggers, Adnan Hajizade and Emin Milli, were released from imprisonment.
- November 20 — An Armenian sniper opened fire on Azerbaijani positions in Khojavend Rayon, killing one Azerbaijani soldier and bringing the number of soldiers killed from both opposing sides in August—November 2010 to twelve.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2012)|
- "Defense Ministry: Armenian sniper kills three and wounds one Azerbaijani soldier". Trend. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Armenian sniper kills Azeri soldier". Press TV. Archived from the original on 27 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-27.