||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010)
The 2011 AMNRL season was the fourteenth season of the American National Rugby League. The Jacksonville Axemen are the reigning champions. Prior to the season seven AMNRL teams withdrew from the league to form the new USA Rugby League.
The New York Knights defeated the Connecticut Wildcats in the league's Grand Final on August 20, 2011.
Prior to the season the AMNRL announced its intentions to expand to such places as Chicago, the West Coast of the United States, and the Southeastern United States. Additionally, the Bucks County Sharks, who had suspended operations for the 2010 season, announced that they would be resuming play for 2011. However, on January 12, 2011, seven former AMNRL teams announced they were withdrawing from the competition to form the new USA Rugby League. The AMNRL added a sixth team, the Delaware Vipers, ostensibly based in Delaware, who had such a shaky season that they were dubbed the "Vapours" by some in the league.
||Sun Valley High School
||Aston Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania
||6 (as Glen Mills Bulls)
|Bucks County Sharks
||Falls Township Community Park
||Levittown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
||Brian McMahon Stadium
|New York Knights
||Hudson River Park
||New York City, New York
|New York Raiders
||Rockland County, NY
||Essex County, New York
- ^ Niu, David (http://www.amnrl.com/) Accessed November 2010
- ^ a b Mascord, Steve (January 12, 2011). "Discord 2011: Edition 2". rleague.com. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- ^ a b "New Rugby League Competition Announced". rugbymag.com. Rugby Magazine. January 12, 2011. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- ^ a b "Breakaway league launched in the US". code13rugbyleague.com. January 12, 2011. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- ^ http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/index.php/2011/08/knight-win-amnrl-championships/
- ^ http://www.wearerugby.com/blogs/davidniu/amnrl-expansion
- ^ Daniel Andruczyk (August 22, 2011). "Tomahawks, The Breakdown". rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com. Retrieved September 6, 2011.