2011 Chişinău explosion
|2011 Chişinău explosion|
|Date||7 June 2011|
The 2011 Chişinău explosion was a car explosion in the center of Chişinău, the capital of Moldova. The explosion killed the Moldovan tennis federation chief, Igor Turcan. He was heading the campaign for an independent candidate in last weekend's mayoral election.
Turcan was passing by a model Lada automobile, which had Russian number plates, when it blew up. Turcan was sent to hospital and later died of serious injuries. The police said no one else was killed or injured in the explosion. An earlier eyewitness report had said three people were killed.
- Car blast kills Moldovan tennis chief Igor Turca BBC News 7 June 2011
- Car blast in Moldovan capital Russia Today 7 June
- Moldovan tennis chief dies in car explosion The Independent 8 June 2011
- Man dies from injuries after Moldovan car blast Reuters 7 June 2011
- Car Blast In Moldovan Capital Kills Tennis Official Spero News 7 June 2011
- Car Blast Rocks Moldova's Capital Novinite.com 7 June 2011
|This article related to the Republic of Moldova is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|