2011 Kumho V8 Touring Car Series
The 2011 Kumho V8 Touring Car Series was an Australian motor racing series for V8 Touring Cars, which are de-registered and superseded former V8 Supercars. Although the series utilised cars built for V8 Supercar racing, it was not an official V8 Supercar series.
It was the fourth running of the V8 Touring Car National Series. The series took place on the program of Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships events. It began at Wakefield Park on 1 April and finished at Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit on 6 November after five meetings held in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
Terry Wyhoon, driving a Ford Falcon, won the series by 72 points, having won ten of the fifteen races and two of the five rounds. Scott Loadsman finished second, 117 points ahead of Chris Smerdon who led the series after four rounds but was disqualified from Sandown for eligibility problems. Justin Garioch finished fourth despite missing a round, 31 points behind Smerdon and 13 points ahead of Jim Pollicina in fifth.
The 2011 Kumho V8 Touring Car Series was contested over five rounds held across three states.
|1||Wakefield Park||Goulburn, New South Wales||1–3 April||Scott Loadsman|
|2||Mallala Motor Sport Park||Mallala, South Australia||13–15 May||Chris Smerdon|
|3||Eastern Creek Raceway||Sydney, New South Wales||15–17 July||Terry Wyhoon|
|4||Sandown Raceway||Melbourne, Victoria||9–11 September||Scott Loadsman|
|5||Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit||Phillip Island, Victoria||4–6 November||Terry Wyhoon|
The following points system was used for 2011:
The only change from 2010 was that "Time Attack" was formalised for the ten fastest qualifying cars only, with the pointscore beginning at ten points for fastest.
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers competed in the 2011 Kumho V8 Touring Car Series.
Q – Qualifying
† – During Race 1 of Round 5 at Phillip Island, Aaron Tebb's Holden Commodore made heavy contact with the wall with two laps to go, leading to the race being red flagged and the results backdated.
- "Wyhoon confirms Kumho V8 title with victory". SpeedCafe. 6 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "2011 Schedule". V8 Touring Cars National Series. 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "2011 V8 Touring Car Series Sporting and Technical Regulations – S10.2 Series Pointscore". V8 Touring Cars National Series. 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- "Wakefield Park Raceway 03/04/2011 Shannon's Nationals Motor Racing Championship – Round 1". National Software. 3 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Mallala Motorsport Park 15/05/2011 Shannon's Nationals Motor Racing Championship – Round 2". National Software. 14 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Eastern Creek International Raceway 17/07/2011 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championship 2011 – Round 4". National Software. 17 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Sandown International Motor Raceway 11/09/2011 – 2011 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championship – Round 6". National Software. 11 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- "Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit 06/11/2011 – 2011 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championship – Round 7". National Software. 6 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Major crash stops Kumho V8 Touring Car Race 1". SpeedCafe. 5 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-05.