2011 L&H 500
|Round 9 of 14 in the 2011 International V8 Supercars Championship on the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit at Phillip Island, Victoria.|
|Date||16 – 18 September 2011|
|Location||Phillip Island, Victoria|
|Course||Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
|Distance||141 (2x14 & 113) laps, 627 km|
|Ford Performance Racing|
|3:08:13.2041||Triple Eight Race Engineering|
|+ 6.3 secs||Triple Eight Race Engineering|
|+ 9.2 secs||Ford Performance Racing|
|Triple Eight Race Engineering||256 pts|
|Triple Eight Race Engineering||250 pts|
|Ford Performance Racing||242 pts|
The 2011 L&H 500 was the ninth event of the 2011 International V8 Supercars Championship. It was held on the weekend of 16 to 18 September at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit in Victoria, Australia. This was the eleventh running of the Phillip Island 500 and the fourth occasion in which it filled the role of the annual 500 kilometre, two-driver V8 Supercar race. It was also the last 500 kilometre race for V8 Supercars at Phillip Island, as the endurance race returned to Sandown Raceway in 2012, and the Phillip Island event reverted to a sprint race format with two 150 kilometre races.
Unique to the L&H 500, two preliminary 14 lap qualifying races were held on Saturday with the two drivers of each car starting one race each. A single pitstop by each car in either race, in which at least two tyres were changed, was mandated, with the combined results of the two qualifying races determining the grid for the main 500 kilometre race. The 500 kilometre race itself was Race 19 of the championship.
Ford Performance Racing's Will Davison and Luke Youlden came out best of the qualifying format, and secured pole position for the main race, with the 2010 L&H 500 winners Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife lining up sixth.
The TeamVodafone pairing of Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife came through the 500 km race to secure the consecutive victories at the event, followed by Jamie Whincup and Andrew Thompson, with pole-sitters Will Davison and Luke Youlden crossing the line third.
Results of the 500 kilometre Race 19 were as follows:
- Championship standings after 19 of 28 races were as follows.
|1||88||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||2145|
|2||888||Craig Lowndes||Triple Eight Race Engineering||2053|
|3||9||Shane Van Gisbergen||Stone Brothers Racing||1716|
|4||15||Rick Kelly||Kelly Racing||1585|
|5||2||Garth Tander||Holden Racing Team||1548|
- 2011 V8 Supercars Championship - Race 19, Supplementary Regulations for V8 Supercars, www.v8supercars.com.au Retrieved via web.archive.org
- "Chicken pox rules out Tony D’Alberto". SpeedCafe. 2011-09-17. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ian Price (2011-09-17). "Davison and Youlden hand FPR pole at the Island". The V8 Times. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ian Price (2011-09-18). "The Dream Team does it again". The V8 Times. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "L&H 500 - V8 Supercar Championship — Race 19 - Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit — V8 Supercars — Race 19". National Software. 2011-09-18. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
2011 Coates Hire Ipswich 300
|2011 V8 Supercar Championship Series||Next race:
2011 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
2010 L&H 500
|Phillip Island 500K||Next year:
2012 Phillip Island 300