2011 PBA D-League Foundation Cup
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into PBA Developmental League. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2012.|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for sports and athletics. (June 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
|2011 PBA D-League Foundation Cup|
|Duration||March 12, 2011 - June 16, 2011|
|Champions||NLEX Road Warriors (1st title)|
|runners-up||Cebuana Lhuillier Gems|
|Best Player||Allein Maliksi (Cebuana Lhuillier Gems)|
|Finals MVP||Calvin Abueva (NLEX Road Warriors)|
|D-League Foundation Cup|
The 2011 PBA D-League Foundation Cup is the inaugural tournament of the PBA Developmental League.
The following format will be observed for the duration of the conference:
- The teams were divided into 2 groups.
- Teams in a group will play against each other once, Group A will play an extra game, the pairings of which will be decided by lottery; 6 games per team; Teams are then seeded by basis on win-loss records. Ties are broken among point differentials of the tied teams. The top two teams of each group will advance to the semifinals while the next four teams of each group will qualify to the quarterfinals.
- The two bottom-ranked teams in Group B will play a knockout game for the last playoff spot.
- Quarterfinal phase (knockout games):
- first round
- Q1: A3 vs. B6
- Q2: A4 vs. B5
- Q3: B3 vs. A6
- Q4: B4 vs. A5
- second round
- Q5: A1 vs. Q4
- Q6: A2 vs. Q3
- Q7: B1 vs. Q2
- Q8: B2 vs. Q1
- Semifinals (knockout games):
- SFA: Q5 vs. Q8
- SFB: Q6 vs. Q7
- Best-of-three Finals: winners of the semifinals.
– clinched outright semifinals, – clinched quarterfinals, – eliminated
|NLEX Road Warriors||5||1||0.833|
|PC Gilmore Wizards||4||2||0.667|
|Black Water Elite||3||3||0.500|
|RnW Pacific Pipes||2||4||0.333|
|Pharex Naproxen Sodium Bidang Generix||2||4||0.333|
|Cebuana Lhuillier Gems||5||1||0.833|
|Max Bond Super Glue Sumos||4||2||0.667|
|Cobra Energy Drink Iron Men||4||2||0.667|
|Maynilad Water Dragons||3||3||0.500|
|Junior Powerade Tigers||1||5||0.166|
The top two teams of each group will be automatically in the quarter-finals second round. But, in group B, there are seven teams. So, the two teams who are in the lowest standings will be battle for the knockout stage. It will be Junior Powerade Tigers and the Cafe France.
From Quarter-finals to Semi-finals the game is always knockout. But in the finals, it is best of 3 series.
(May 26 & 31)
(June 2 & 7)
(June 14 & 16)
|Cobra Energy Drink Iron Men 66, Pharex Naproxen Sodium Bidang Generix 96|
|PC Gilmore Wizards 92, Pharex Naproxen Sodium Bidang Generix 77|
|NLEX Road Warriors 61, Cebuana Lhuillier Gems 59|
|NLEX win series, 2-0|