2011 Super League Grand Final
|2011Super League Grand Final|
|Date||8 October 2011|
|Harry Sunderland Trophy||Rob Burrow, Leeds|
|Commentators||Eddie Hemmings, Mike Stephenson, Phil Clarke, Shaun McRae|
The 2011 Super League Grand Final was the conclusive and championship-deciding game of the Super League XVI season. It was held on Saturday, 8 October at Manchester, England's Old Trafford stadium. The match was contested by St. Helens and the Leeds Rhinos, who last faced each other in a grand final in 2009. British rock band Feeder were due to provide the pre-match music entertainment, only for their show to be called off due to the pitch being wet and Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson not allowing a stage to be built on the pitch. Leeds won the game by 32 points to 16.
Route to final
- Qualifying Play Off 1: Won 26-18 vs Wigan Warriors
- Qualifying Semi Final: Won 26-18 vs Wigan Warriors
- Qualifying Play Off 1: Won 42-10 vs Hull F.C.
- Qualifying Play Off 2: Won 34-28 vs Huddersfield Giants
- Qualifying Semi Final: Won 26-24 vs Warrington Wolves
8 October 2011
|St Helens||16–32||Leeds Rhinos|
|Tries: Thomas Makinson, Michael Shenton
Goals: Jamie Foster (4)
|Report||Tries: Rob Burrow, Brent Webb, Ryan Hall, Carl Ablett, Zak Hardaker
Goals: Kevin Sinfield (6)
|St Helens||Position||Leeds Rhinos|
|1 Paul Wellens||Fullback||1 Brent Webb|
|28 Thomas Makinson||Winger||23 Ben Jones-Bishop|
|3 Michael Shenton||Centre||27 Zak Hardaker|
|5 Francis Meli||Centre||12 Carl Ablett|
|22 Jamie Foster||Winger||5 Ryan Hall|
|25 Lee Gaskell||Stand Off||13 Kevin Sinfield|
|20 Jonny Lomax||Scrum Half||6 Danny McGuire|
|10 James Graham||Prop||8 Kylie Leuluai|
|9 James Roby||Hooker||9 Danny Buderus|
|11 Tony Puletua||Prop||10 Jamie Peacock|
|12 Jon Wilkin||2nd Row||11 Jamie Jones-Buchanan|
|4 Iosia Soliola||2nd Row||3 Brett Delaney|
|16 Paul Clough||Loose Forward||21 Chris Clarkson|
|17 Gary Wheeler||Interchange||7 Rob Burrow|
|14 Scott Moore||Interchange||14 Ali Lauitiiti|
|15 Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook||Interchange||16 Ryan Bailey|
|19 Andrew Dixon||Interchange||17 Ian Kirke|
|Royce Simmons||Coach||Brian McDermott|
World Club Challenge
The World Club Challenge was set to take place between the winner of the Super League Grand Final, Leeds Rhinos and the winner of the NRL Grand Final, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles on 17 February 2012, at Headingley Carnegie Stadium.
- "Leeds claim Grand Final glory as inspired Rob Burrow sinks St Helens". Guardian. 8 October 2011. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "St Helens 16 Leeds 32". Daily Telegraph. 8 October 2011. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Headingley to stage World Club Challenge 2012". BBC Sport. 22 November 2011. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
|This rugby league competition article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|