2011 in Lithuania
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in Lithuania:||2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014|
|Centuries:||20th century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014|
- 1 Incumbents
- 2 Chairmanships
- 3 Events
- 4 Art and entertainment
- 5 Sports
- 6 Deaths
- 7 References
- January 1 – Lithuania received chairmanship of Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- January 1 – Strong snowstorm results in approximately 34,000 people being left without electricity.
- January 1 – Lithuania received chairmanship of NATO embassy in Georgia to represent alliance in country and help it to join to the NATO.
- January 21 – Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius called a special meeting because of too big heating prices in Capital City of Vilnius.
- January 25 – 4 elderships in Pagėgiai municipality announced extreme situation because of floods.
- February 7 – Nemunas River flood started in Jonava district municipality and Kaunas district municipality.
- February 8 – strong wind killed 3 people, 46,000 people being left without electricity and closed Port of Klaipėda
- February 26–27 – national elections to cities councils.
- March 8 – resignation of Minister of Economy Dainius Kreivys.
- March 23 – Lithuanian government approves of personal bankruptcy legislation.
- June 28 – Seimas approved the law under which Lithuanian-Belorussian border inhabitants can easily cross the border.
- July 6 – Ieva Gervinskaitė won Miss Lithuania 2011.
- July 8 – Agrowill Group become second Lithuanian company which selling shares on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- July 10 – Lithuania won FIBA Under-19 World Championship.
Art and entertainment
- 4 March – Austra Skujytė won silver medal in 2011 European Athletics Indoor Championships. It is the first independent Lithuania medal in championship.
- Local events
- 11–14 August Capital City of Vilnius wil host U18 European Beach Volleyball Championships for men and women near Baltasis tiltas.
- Lietuva perėmė NATO kontaktinės ambasados Gruzijoje funkcijas
- Premjeras šaukia pasitarimą dėl didelių šildymo sąskaitų Vilniuje
- delfi.lt Dėl potvynio keturiose Pagėgių seniūnijose - ekstremali padėtis
- Jonavos r. ištvinusi Neris apsėmė keliasdešimt namų
- Kauno ir Jonavos r. pakilęs Neries vanduo semia sodų bendrijas
- Del audros elektros neturi apie 46 tukst vartotoju
- ""Omnitel" skelbia pirmoji Lietuvoje pradėjusi tiekti 4G LTE ryšio paslaugas" (in Lithuanian). delfi.lt. 2011-04-28. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- LLAf Calendar
- Vilniuje - Europos tinklinio čempionatas