2011 in Taiwan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 2011
List of years in the Republic of China
Timeline of Chinese history
2011 in China
- President - Ma Ying-jeou
- Vice President - Vincent Siew
- Premier - Wu Den-yih
- Vice Premier - Sean Chen
- 1 January
- The government introduces a monthly stipend of NT$3,000 for each child under the age of 2 in low and medium income families.
- The national minimum wage is raised to NT$17,880 per month (from NT$17,280) and the minimum hourly wage is also raised, from NT$95 to NT$98.
- The Shalun Line opens, connecting downtown Tainan with Tainan High-Speed Rail Station.
- Sun Yat-sen's grand daughter Nora Sun in major car accident.
- 7 January - Yen Ming is appointed Commanding General of the ROC Air Force after his predecessor Lei Yu-chi was demoted for misuse of public resources.
- 11 January - Holders of Republic of China (Taiwan) passports are eligible for visa free entry to the Schengen Area of the European Union, plus three other EU countries.
- 8 February - Major General Lo Hsieh-che, head of the Taiwanese Army's electronic communications and information department, is arrested for allegedly leaking secrets to the People's Republic of China.
- 6 March - Nine people are killed and 12 injured in a fire in a bar in Taichung City.
- 30 March - The establishment of National Academy for Educational Research of the Ministry of Education.
- 5 April - The opening of Drop of Water Memorial Hall in New Taipei.
- 24 April - The opening of Jhongdou Wetlands Park in Kaohsiung.
- Plasticizer in food products (sports drinks, juices, teas, syrups and jams, and tablets and powders) in a food scandal that hit Taiwan
- The establishment of Chang Gung University of Science and Technology in Chiayi County.
- The establishment of Chung Chou University of Science and Technology in Changhua County.
- 10 October - 100th Anniversary of the Republic of China.
- "New Year brings range of new government programs". Taipei Times. 2011-01-01.
- "Shalun Branch line cuts travel time for Tainan commuters". Taipei Times. 2011-01-02.
- "Sun Yat-Sen's granddaughter seriously injured in car accident". News.asiaone.com. 2011-01-02. Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- "New commanding general instated at Air Force after row". Taipei Times. 2011-01-02.
- (South China Morning Post)
- "Cna English News". Focustaiwan.tw. Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- "BBC News - Taiwan bar blaze 'leaves nine dead'". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-03-06. Retrieved 2012-01-23.