2012–13 Coupe de France
The 2012–13 Coupe de France was the 96th season of the most prestigious cup competition of France. The competition was organized by the French Football Federation (FFF) and open to all clubs in French football, as well as clubs from the overseas departments and territories (Guadeloupe, French Guyana, Martinique, Mayotte, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, and Réunion). The final was contested on 31 May 2013 at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis. The defending champions were Lyon, who defeated Quevilly 1–0 in the final of the 2011–12 season, but lost this season in the Round of 64 against Épinal. The winner of the competition, Bordeaux, qualified for the group stage of the 2013–14 UEFA Europa League.
On 1 June 2012, the FFF announced the calendar for the 96th Coupe de France season.
On 4 October 2012, the French Football Federation confirmed that the final of the Coupe de France would be moved up a day from 1 June to 31 May. The change occurred due to the final match of the 2012–13 Top 14 season being contested at the Stade de France on 1 June, which would have conflicted with the Coupe de France final.
|Round||First match date||Fixtures||Clubs||New entries this round||Prize money||Notes|
|First Round||18 August 2012||—|
|Second Round||1 September 2012||—|
|Third Round||16 September 2012||—||Clubs participating in CFA 2 gain entry.|
|Fourth Round||30 September 2012||—||Clubs participating in CFA gain entry.|
|Fifth Round||14 October 2012||—||Clubs participating in National gain entry.|
|Sixth Round||28 October 2012||—||none|
|Seventh Round||17 November 2012||88||196 → 108||Clubs participating in Ligue 2 gain entry.|
|Eighth Round||8 December 2012||44||108 → 64||none|
|Round of 64||5 January 2013||32||64 → 32||20||Clubs participating in Ligue 1 gain entry.|
|Round of 32||22 January 2013||16||32 → 16||none|
|Round of 16||26 February 2013||8||16 → 8||none|
|Quarter-finals||16 April 2013||4||8 → 4||none|
|Semi-finals||7 May 2013||2||4 → 2||none|
|Final||31 May 2013||1||2 → 1||none||Coupe de France Final at the Stade de France.|
Regional qualifying rounds
All of the teams that enter the competition, but are not members of Ligue 1 or Ligue 2, have to compete in the regional qualifying rounds. The regional qualifying rounds determine the number of regional clubs that will earn spots in the 7th round and normally lasts six rounds.
The draw for the seventh round of the Coupe de France was held on 31 October 2012 at the headquarters of the Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français (CNOSF), the national sporting committee of France, and was conducted by Guy Ferrier, the France women's under-17 coach that won the 2012 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup, as well as former footballers Jérôme Alonzo and Daniel Rodighiero. The overseas regional draw was conducted on the previous day. The matches will be played on 17–18 November.
|Team 1||Score||Team 2|
|Saint Amand||1–3||Le Havre|
|AS Monaco||0–0 (a.e.t.)
|Amiens AC||1–0||Racing Colombes 92|
|Stade Pontivy||1–4||Vendée Luçon|
|Bar le Duc||2–3||Raon-l'Étape|
|Saint-Jean Beaulieu||0–0 (a.e.t.)
|Stade Portelois||1–1 (a.e.t.)
|Ytrac||1–6||Vendée Poiré sur Vie|
Round of 64
|Team 1||Score||Team 2|
|Marseille Consolat||1–1 (a.e.t.)
|Le Mans||1–2||Vendée Poiré sur Vie|
|Savigneux Montbrisson||1–1 (a.e.t.)
|Amiens AC||1–1 (a.e.t.)
|O. Marseille||2–1 (a.e.t.)||Guingamp|
|Vendée Luçon||1–1 (a.e.t.)
|CA Bastia||2–0||SC Bastia|
Round of 32
Round of 16
|16 April 2013||Troyes||3–0||Nancy||Stade de l'Aube, Troyes|
Referee: Tony Chapron
|16 April 2013||Saint-Étienne||1–2||Lorient||Stade Geoffroy-Guichard, Saint-Étienne|
|20:50||Aubameyang 74'||Report||Barthelme 43'
Referee: Saïd Ennjimi
|17 April 2013||Evian TG||1–1 (aet)
|Paris SG||Parc des Sports, Annecy|
|20:55||Khelifa 44'||Report||Pastore 9'||Attendance: 14,925
Referee: Philippe Kalt
|17 April 2013||Lens||2–3||Bordeaux||Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens|
|19:00||Carrasso 11' (o.g.)
Diabaté 81', 85'
Referee: Clément Turpin
Evian TG reached the semi-finals of the French Cup for the first time in their history.
|8 May 2013||Evian TG||4–0||Lorient||Parc des Sports, Annecy|
Referee: Laurent Duhamel
|14 May 2013||Troyes||1–2||Bordeaux||Stade de l'Aube, Troyes|
|20:55||Bahebeck 7'||Report||Diabaté 41'
Bréchet 63' (o.g.)
Referee: Tony Chapron
31 May 2013
|Diabaté 39', 89'
Dja Djédjé 70'
- 2012–13 Ligue 1
- 2012–13 Ligue 2
- 2012–13 Championnat National
- 2012–13 Championnat de France amateur
- 2012–13 Championnat de France amateur 2
- "Le calendrier général 2012/2013 adopté". Ligue de Football Professionnel (in French). 4 May 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Europa League - Cup winners to get auto Europa spot". Eurosport. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- "Les dates de la nouvelle édition". French Football Federation (in French). 1 June 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Finale le vendredi 31 mai". French Football Federation (in French). 4 October 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- The qualifying rounds are organized by the regions' respective regional and departmental leagues. Each regions' qualifying rounds lasts six rounds in order to determine the regional and departmental clubs that will earn a berth in the seventh round.
- "Le tirage au sort intégral!". French Football Federation (in French). 31 October 2012. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Le tirage au sort pour l'Outre-Mer". French Football Federation (in French). 30 October 2012. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Bordeaux sink Évian to claim French Cup". UEFA.com. 31 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Coupe de France final: Bordeaux beat Evian, Diabate scores twice". BBC Sport. 31 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.