2012–13 Prva HNL
|Champions League||Dinamo Zagreb|
|Goals scored||489 (2.47 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Leon Benko (18 goals)|
|Biggest home win||Dinamo Zagreb 6–0 NK Zagreb|
|Biggest away win||Zadar 1–5 Inter Zaprešić|
|Highest scoring||Zadar 2–4 Hajduk Split
Hajduk Split 5–1 NK Zagreb
Dinamo Zagreb 4–2 RNK Split
Dinamo Zagreb 6–0 NK Zagreb
Zadar 1–5 Inter Zaprešić
Zadar 2–4 Rijeka
Lokomotiva 5–1 Slaven Belupo
The 2012–13 Prva HNL (officially known as the MAXtv Prva Liga for sponsorship reasons) was the twenty second season of Prva HNL, the national championship for men's association football teams in Croatia, since its establishment in 1992. The season started on 21 July 2012 and is expected to end on 26 May 2013.
The league was contested by 12 teams, down from 16 in the previous season. Dinamo Zagreb were the defending champions, having won their seventh consecutive title in 2011–12.
The league was contested by twelve teams, four fewer than in the previous season, with each club playing every other club three times for a total of 33 rounds (last time the system was used in the 2008–09 season). On 13 April 2012, Croatian Football Federation announced that the first stage of licensing procedure for 2012–13 season was completed. For the 2012–13 Prva HNL, only three out of twenty applied clubs were issued a top level license: Dinamo Zagreb, Lokomotiva and NK Zagreb. In the second stage of licensing procedure clubs that didn't get a license appealed on the decision and provided new facts and arguments. On 15 May 2012, it was announced that all remaining Prva HNL clubs from the previous season were granted top level license, except for Šibenik, Karlovac and Varaždin. Only one team from Druga HNL acquired the top level license: Hrvatski Dragovoljac, however, they didn't manage to finish the season within top two places which would secure them promotion. Since none of the top two teams from Druga HNL acquired top level license, the 12th placed team from the 2011–12 Prva HNL were allowed to stay. If that wasn't the case, Inter Zaprešić and Rijeka would have needed to play a two-legged play-off match to decide who gets relegated since they were equal on all of the tiebreakers.
The following is a complete list of teams which contested the 2012–13 Prva HNL.
Stadia and locations
|Stadium||City||Home club||Licensed club(s)||Capacity|
|Stadion HNK Cibalia||Vinkovci||Cibalia||9,958|
|Aldo Drosina||Pula||Istra 1961||8,923|
|ŠRC Zaprešić||Zaprešić||Inter Zaprešić||5,228|
|Park mladeži||Split||RNK Split||4,075|
|Gradski stadion||Koprivnica||Slaven Belupo||3,059|
Personnel and kits
|Team||Manager||Captain||Kit manufacturer||Shirt sponsor|
|Cibalia||Bojko, MiroslavMiroslav Bojko||Lučić, MarioMario Lučić||Jako||Croatia Osiguranje|
|Dinamo Zagreb||Jurčić, KrunoslavKrunoslav Jurčić||Kelava, IvanIvan Kelava||Puma||—|
|Hajduk Split||Tudor, IgorIgor Tudor||Maloča, MarioMario Maloča||Umbro||—|
|Inter Zaprešić||Magić, RajkoRajko Magić||SzaricTomislav Šarić||Joma||VŠPU "B.A.Krčelić"|
|Istra 1961||Pamić, IgorIgor Pamić||Budicin, FaustoFausto Budicin||errea||—|
|Lokomotiva||Ivković, TomislavTomislav Ivković||Mesarić, LeonardLeonard Mesarić||Puma||—|
|Osijek||Žitnjak, MiroslavMiroslav Žitnjak (caretaker)||Smoje, IvoIvo Smoje||Jako||Croatia Osiguranje|
|Rijeka||Kek, MatjažMatjaž Kek||Knežević, DarioDario Knežević||Lotto||—|
|Slaven Belupo||Sović, RomanRoman Sović||Maras, AlenAlen Maras||adidas||Belupo|
|RNK Split||Sablić, GoranGoran Sablić||Vuković, AndrijaAndrija Vuković||Jako||Skladgradnja|
|Zadar||Milin, FerdoFerdo Milin||Surać, JakovJakov Surać||Lotto||Hotel Kolovare|
|NK Zagreb||Blažević, MiroslavMiroslav Blažević||SztrokHrvoje Štrok||Kappa||—|
|Team||Outgoing manager||Manner of departure||Date of vacancy||Replaced by||Date of appointment||Position in table|
|Cibalia||Toplak, SamirSamir Toplak||Resigned||27 July 2012||Kopić, ŽeljkoŽeljko Kopić||28 July 2012||12th|
|NK Zagreb||Besek, DraženDražen Besek||Resigned||3 September 2012||Bonačić, LukaLuka Bonačić||3 September 2012||12th|
|Zadar||Zebić, DaliborDalibor Zebić||Resigned||22 September 2012||Milin, FerdoFerdo Milin||24 September 2012||11th|
|RNK Split||Bašić, TonćiTonći Bašić||Removed from position||13 October 2012||Vulić, ZoranZoran Vulić||13 October 2012||7th|
|NK Zagreb||Bonačić, LukaLuka Bonačić||Sacked||27 October 2012||Madunović, DraženDražen Madunović||30 October 2012||11th|
|NK Zagreb||Madunović, DraženDražen Madunović||Removed from position||5 November 2012||Blažević, MiroslavMiroslav Blažević||5 November 2012||11th|
|Cibalia||Kopić, ŽeljkoŽeljko Kopić||Resigned||25 November 2012||Bojko, MiroslavMiroslav Bojko||25 November 2012||10th|
|Dinamo Zagreb||CzacicAnte Čačić||Sacked||26 November 2012||Jurčić, KrunoslavKrunoslav Jurčić||26 November 2012||1st|
|Rijeka||Scoria, ElvisElvis Scoria||Resigned||24 February 2013||Kek, MatjažMatjaž Kek||27 February 2013||5th|
|Slaven Belupo||Ferenčina, RoyRoy Ferenčina||Sacked||10 March 2013||Sović, RomanRoman Sović||14 March 2013||6th|
|Inter Zaprešić||Perković, BorimirBorimir Perković||Sacked||14 March 2013||Magić, RajkoRajko Magić||14 March 2013||12th|
|Hajduk Split||Krstičević, MišoMišo Krstičević||Sacked||29 April 2013||Tudor, IgorIgor Tudor||29 April 2013||4th|
|RNK Split||Vulić, ZoranZoran Vulić||Mutual consent||12 May 2013||Sablić, GoranGoran Sablić||13 May 2013||4th|
|Osijek||Mršić, StankoStanko Mršić||Sacked||13 May 2013||Žitnjak, MiroslavMiroslav Žitnjak (caretaker)||13 May 2013||4th|
||Qualification or relegation
|1||Dinamo Zagreb (C)||33||24||5||4||68||20||+48||77||2013–14 UEFA Champions League Second qualifying round|
|2||Lokomotiva||33||16||9||8||54||38||+16||57||2013–14 UEFA Europa League Second qualifying round 1|
|10||Inter Zaprešić (R)||33||8||11||14||36||41||−5||35||Relegation to the 2013–14 Druga HNL|
|12||NK Zagreb (R)||33||7||6||20||28||60||−32||27|
Updated to games played on 26 May 2013.
Source: Sportnet.hr UEFA.com
Rules for classification: 1st points; 2nd goal difference; 3rd goals scored
For deciding champions, qualification to UEFA Europa League and relegation: 1st points; 2nd head-to-head points; 3rd head-to-head goal difference; 4th head-to-head away goals scored.
1 Hajduk Split qualify for 2013–14 Europa League Second qualifying round as winners of 2012–13 Croatian Cup.
(C) = Champion; (R) = Relegated; (P) = Promoted; (E) = Eliminated; (O) = Play-off winner; (A) = Advances to a further round.
Only applicable when the season is not finished:
(Q) = Qualified to the phase of tournament indicated; (TQ) = Qualified to tournament, but not yet to the particular phase indicated; (RQ) = Qualified to the relegation tournament indicated; (DQ) = Disqualified from tournament.
Every team will play three times against each other team for a total of 33 matches. The first 22 matchdays will consist of a regular double round-robin schedule. The league standings at this point will then be used to determine the games for the last 11 matchdays.
|Home \ Away||CIB||DIN||HAJ||INT||IST||LOK||OSI||RIJ||SLA||SPL||ZAD||ZAG|
|Home \ Away||CIB||DIN||HAJ||INT||IST||LOK||OSI||RIJ||SLA||SPL||ZAD||ZAG|
- 19 goals
- 15 goals
- 13 goals
- 12 goals
- 11 goals
- Goran Roce (Istra 1961)
- 10 goals
- 9 goals
- "Održana sjednica Skupštine Udruge Prve HNL". Prva-HNL.hr (in Croatian). 26 January 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Okončan Središnji postupak licenciranja za natjecateljsku 2012/13. godinu". HNS-CFF.hr (in Croatian). 13 April 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Okončan Središnji postupak licenciranja za natjecateljsku 2012/13. godinu". HNS-CFF.hr (in Croatian). 15 May 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "Stadion Maksimir". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Stadion Poljud". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Stadion Gradski vrt". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Stadion Kantrida". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Stadion Cibalia". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Stadion Aldo Drosina". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Stadion Kranjčevićeva". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Stadion Stanovi". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Stadion ŠRC Zaprešić". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Stadion Park mladeži". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Gradski Stadion". soccerway.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Strahija, Ivana (27 July 2012). "Samir Toplak podnio ostavku". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Gulić, Mišo (28 July 2012). "Željko Kopić potvrđen kao novi trener Cibalije". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Rupnik, Borna (3 September 2012). "Luka Bonačić preuzima dužnost Dražena Beseka". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- Rupnik, Borna (23 September 2012). "Zebić: Jasno je da ću podnijeti ostavku". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- Rupnik, Borna (13 October 2012). "Vulić: Želim da se drugi prilagođavaju Splitu, uključujući i Dinamo". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- Rupnik, Borna (27 October 2012). "Bonačić usprkos pobjedi nad Osijekom napušta klupu Zagreba". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- Štrbinić, Lovro (1 November 2012). "Dražen Madunović preuzeo prvu momčad Pjesnika iz Kranjčevićeve". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- Krapac, Ivor (5 November 2012). "Miroslav Blažević vraća se u hrvatski nogomet, ponovno na Zagrebovoj klupi". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- Zovko, Ante (25 November 2012). "Cibalia prihvatila Kopićevu ostavku, Bojko privremeno rješenje". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Čačić bivši, a Krunoslav Jurčić opet novi trener Dinama". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). 25 November 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Scoria podnio ostavku" (in Croatian). Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "Kek dolazi na Kantridu" (in Croatian). Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- Korać, Branimir (10 March 2013). "Ferenčina smijenjen nakon poraza od Cibalije, Slaven Belupo traži novog trenera". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Strahija, Ivana (14 March 2013). "Sović: "I bod bi bio pozitivan"". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Šestak, Igor (14 March 2013). "Perkovićev povratak u Inter ostao bez sretnog završetka, krizno razdoblje poništilo sve pozitivno". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Jurišić, Bernard (29 April 2013). "Smjene u Hajduku: otkazi treneru Krstičeviću, sportskom direktoru Krešiću i Frediju Fiorentiniju". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Babić, Vedran (12 May 2013). "Split u potrazi za novim trenerom - Zoran Vulić postao "bivši"". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- Gulić, Mišo (13 May 2013). "Stanko Mršić postao "bivši", Žitnjak preuzeo kormilo Osijeka do kraja sezone". Sportnet.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 13 May 2013.