2012 Aysén protests
|Location||Aysén Region, Chile|
The 2012 Aysén protests were a series of protests that occurred in Aysén Region in February 2012. The protests were organized by Movimiento Social por Aysén (Social Movement for Aysén), an organization grouping together 20 other organization including Workers' United Center of Chile, ANEF and Patagonia Sin Represas and local fishermen.
- Lowering of gas, petroleum, parafin, LP gas and wood
- Improvements to the healthcare infrastructure of the region
- Regional adjusments to the minimum wage
- The creation of a University based in Aysén Region
- Regionalization of water, agropecuarian and mining resources
- Increased rights and benefits for fishermen
- Regional adjustments in pensions for seniors and the handicapped
- Claudio Frías y Nicolás Gutiérrez (16 February 2012). "En Coyhaique, las barricadas y cortes de caminos agudizan nueva jornada de protestas". El Mercurio. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Andrea González (16 February 2012). "Las claves del Movimiento por la Región de Aysén y sus demandas por mejoras sociales". La Tercera. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Manifestaciones de apoyo a demandas de Aysén se extienden por Chile". Radio Universidad de Chile. February 24, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- "Estudiantes realizan en Talca manifestación de apoyo a protestas en Aysén". El Mercurio Online. February 23, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2012.