2012 Puerto Rico government transition process
|Formed||November 13, 2012|
|Preceding Process||2008 government transition process|
|Dissolved||By or before December 31, 2012|
|Headquarters||Department of State|
|Process executives||Kenneth McClintock, Outgoing President
Miguel Romero, Outgoing Executive Director
Dolores Rodríguez de Oronoz, Incoming President & Executive Director
Ingrid Vila Biaggi, Incoming Vice President
|Key document||Law No. 197 of 2002|
|Part of a series on the|
|Executive branch of the
government of Puerto Rico
The 2012 Puerto Rico government transition process is the ongoing process in Puerto Rico regarding the government transition between the outgoing governorship of incumbent Governor Luis Fortuño and the incoming governorship of Alejandro García Padilla, Governor-elect. The process is mandated and regulated by Law No. 197 of 2002 and started on November 13, 2012, three working days after the Puerto Rican general election of 2012 as the law requires, once García Padilla was preliminarily certified as Governor-elect by the State Elections Commission.
As expected, the process has unveiled discrepancies between what the incumbent administration portrayed in the media and what the current status of the government of Puerto Rico truly is; in particular its Consolidated Fund, budget balance, labor statistics, and performance and metrics.
The 2012 Puerto Rico Outgoing Committee on Government Transition is the committee in charge of the transition process on behalf of the incumbent administration of Governor Luis Fortuño. The Committee is composed of government officers from Fortuño's administration, including, as required by law:
The 2012 Puerto Rico Incoming Committee on Government Transition is the committee in charge of the transition process on behalf of Alejandro García Padilla, Governor-elect. The Committee is composed of aides and assistants of García Padilla, as follows:
|This section requires expansion. (November 2012)|
In November 16, 2012, the Outgoing Committee admitted in public hearing that the Puerto Rico General Fund was not in fact as robust as previously informed by the incumbent administration. One hearing after,  effectively making the deficit almost three times higher than previously reported and unveiling a cash flow insolvency on the Department of Treasury.
- www.leydetransicion2012.pr.gov – official site of the 2012 Outgoing Committee (Spanish)
- www.transicionpuertorico.com – official site of the 2012 Incoming Committee (Spanish)
- "Law No. 197 of 2002" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "McClintock espera conocer hoy el comité de transición del PPD". =Elnuevodia.com. El Nuevo Día. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Anuncian comité de transición gubernamental | Telemundo de Puerto Rico canal líder en telenovelas, noticias y entretenimiento | Últimas Noticias". Telemundopr.com. 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "García Padilla anuncia integrantes del comité de transición". Elnuevodia.com. El Nuevo Día. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "¿Quién es quién en el Comité de Transición de AGP?". Noticel.com. NotiCel. 2012-11-13. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "www.transicionpuertorico.com". www.transicionpuertorico.com. Retrieved 2012-12-10.