2012 Sundance Film Festival
|2012 Sundance Film Festival|
|Hosted by||Sundance Institute|
|Festival date||January 19-29, 2012|
The 2012 Sundance Film Festival took place from January 19 until January 29, 2012 in Park City, Utah.
64 short films were selected for the festival from 7,675 submissions, including 27 international shorts from 3,592 submissions.
Award winners 
- Grand Jury Prize: Documentary - The House I Live In
- Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic - Beasts of the Southern Wild
- World Cinema Jury Prize: Documentary - The Law in These Parts
- World Cinema Jury Prize: Dramatic - Violeta Went to Heaven (Violeta se Fue a Los Cielos)
- Audience Award: U.S. Documentary - The Invisible War
- Audience Award: U.S. Dramatic - The Surrogate (retitled The Sessions)
- World Cinema Audience Award: Documentary - Searching for Sugar Man
- World Cinema Audience Award: Dramatic - Valley of Saints
- Best of NEXT Audience Award - Sleepwalk with Me
- U.S. Directing Award: Documentary - The Queen of Versailles
- U.S. Directing Award: Dramatic - Middle of Nowhere
- World Cinema Directing Award: Documentary - 5 Broken Cameras
- World Cinema Directing Award: Dramatic - Teddy Bear
- Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award - Safety Not Guaranteed
- World Cinema Screenwriting Award - Young & Wild
- U.S. Documentary Editing Award - Detropia
- World Cinema Documentary Editing Award - Indie Game: The Movie
- Excellence in Cinematography Award: U.S. Documentary - Chasing Ice
- Excellence in Cinematography Award: U.S. Dramatic - Beasts of the Southern Wild
- World Cinema Cinematography Award: Documentary - Putin's Kiss
- World Cinema Cinematography Award: Dramatic - My Brother the Devil
- U.S. Documentary Special Jury Prize for an Agent of Change - Love Free or Die
- U.S. Documentary Special Jury Prize for Spirit of Defiance - Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry
- U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Prize for Excellence in Independent Film Producing - Smashed and Nobody Walks
- U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Prize for Ensemble Acting - The Surrogate (retitled The Sessions)
- World Cinema Dramatic Special Jury Prize for Artistic Vision - Can
- World Cinema Documentary Special Jury Prize for its Celebration of the Artistic Spirit - Searching for Sugar Man
- Jury Prize: Short Filmmaking - Fishing Without Nets
- Jury Prize: Short Film, U.S. Fiction - The Black Balloon
- Jury Prize: Short Film, International Fiction - The Return
- Jury Prize: Short Film, Non-Fiction - The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom
- Jury Prize: Animated Short FIlm - A Morning Stroll
- Short Film Audience Award - The Debutante Hunters
The National Film Board of Canada (NFB) web documentary Bear 71 premiered January 20 in an installation at the festival's New Frontier multimedia program. The NFB documentary Payback, based on Margaret Atwood's Payback: Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth, and the documentary A Place at the Table, also premiered at the festival.
- "Festival Info". Sundance Institute. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "2012 Sundance Film Festival Announces Short Film Program". Sundance Institute. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "2012 Sundance Film Festival Announces Awards". sundance.org. January 28, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- Monk, Katherine (Postmedia News). "Sundance: Interactive film, Bear 71, blurs lines between wild and wired". canada.com. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- Fulton, Ben (27 January 2012). "Sundance: A documentary about debt offers a big ‘Payback’". Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|