2013 Clipsal 500 Adelaide
|Round 1 of 14 in the 2013 International V8 Supercars Championship on the Adelaide Street Circuit, Adelaide Park Lands at Adelaide, South Australia.|
|Date||2–3 March 2013|
|Location||Adelaide, South Australia|
|Course||Adelaide Street Circuit, Adelaide Park Lands
|Distance||156 (2 x 78) laps, 500 km|
|Weather||Fine and hot for Race 1|
|Driver||R1: Shane Van Gisbergen
R2: Shane Van Gisbergen
|First||Craig Lowndes||1:49:37.3127||Triple Eight Race Engineering|
|Second||Will Davison||1:49:57.8330||Ford Performance
|Third||Jamie Whincup||1:50:29.6917||Triple Eight Race Engineering|
|Second||Jamie Whincup||1:51:54.6309||Triple Eight Race Engineering|
|Third||Craig Lowndes||1:51:56.2409||Triple Eight Race Engineering|
The 2013 Clipsal 500 Adelaide was a motor race for V8 Supercars held on 2 and 3 March, 2013. The event was held at the Adelaide Street Circuit in Adelaide, South Australia, and consisted of two races of two hundred and fifty kilometres in length. It was the first round of the 2013 International V8 Supercars Championship, and marked the racing debuts of the Holden VF Commodore, Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, and Nissan Altima L33, all of which were entered in the series under the brand-new "Car of the Future" regulations; Ford continued to use the FG Falcon model raced in previous years, but built to Car of the Future specifications.
- ^1 — Craig Lowndes and Shane Van Gisbergen both set lap times that were identical to the ten-thousandth of a second. As Lowndes had set his laptime before Van Gisbergen, he was awarded provisional pole.
Top 10 Shootout
|1||97||Shane Van Gisbergen||Holden VF Commodore||Tekno Autosports||2||1:21.3595|
|2||5||Mark Winterbottom||Ford FG Falcon||Ford Performance Racing||8||1:21.4075|
|3||888||Craig Lowndes||Holden VF Commodore||Triple Eight Race Engineering||1||1:21.4453|
|4||14||Fabian Coulthard||Holden VF Commodore||Brad Jones Racing||5||1:21.4852|
|5||1||Jamie Whincup||Holden VF Commodore||Triple Eight Race Engineering||3||1:21.5258|
|6||19||Jonathon Webb||Holden VF Commodore||Tekno Autosports||9||1:21.5916|
|7||6||Will Davison||Ford FG Falcon||Ford Performance Racing||4||1:21.6558|
|8||34||Alexandre Prémat||Holden VF Commodore||Garry Rogers Motorsport||7||1:21.7859|
|9||22||James Courtney||Holden VF Commodore||Holden Racing Team||10||1:22.1825|
|10||33||Scott McLaughlin||Holden VF Commodore||Garry Rogers Motorsport||6||1:22.2235|
Championship standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "Adelaide’s iconic Clipsal 500 dates announced for landmark 2013 opener". SpeedCafe.com. 2 October 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Eastern Creek dropped from calendar". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). 15 October 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Holden changes direction for VF V8 Supercar styling". SpeedCafe. 5 December 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Mercedes-Benz to join V8 Supercars". Herald Sun. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Nissan to unveil its V8 Supercars future in New York". Speedcafe.com. 2 April 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Gunther, Briar (29 March 2010). "Car of the Future released". V8Supercars.com.au (BigPond Sport). Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Lowndes edges Van Gisbergen to provisional Adelaide pole". SpeedCafe.com. 1 March 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (1 March 2013). "Shane van Gisbergen scores pole for Race 1 in Adelaide". SpeedCafe.com. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Lowndes equals record with victory". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). 2 March 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Van Gisbergen and Winterbottom stage front-row repeat for Race 2". Speedcafe.com. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Van Gisbergen wins Adelaide race two". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). 3 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
2012 Sydney 500
|2013 V8 Supercar Championship Series||Next race:
2013 Tasmania Microsoft Office 365
2012 Clipsal 500 Adelaide
|Clipsal 500 Adelaide||Next year:
2014 Clipsal 500 Adelaide