2013 European Tour
The table below shows the 2013 European Tour schedule. New for 2013 was the "Final Series", the final four tournaments of the season: BMW Masters, WGC-HSBC Champions, Turkish Airlines Open, and DP World Tour Championship, Dubai. Any player who played the first three events received a 20% bonus in the Race to Dubai standings for those events. Any player wishing to play in the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai, must have played in two of the first three events.
Events from 2012 that were not on the 2013 schedule were the Open de Andalucía Costa del Sol (Spain), the Sicilian Open (Italy), the Czech Open (Czech Republic), the Madrid Masters (Spain), the Andalucía Masters (Spain), the Barclays Singapore Open (Singapore), the UBS Hong Kong Open (Hong Kong), and the South African Open (South Africa). The last two events were however played in late 2013, as part of the 2014 schedule.
New for the 2013 schedule (either because they are new events, or simply because they are new to the European Tour) were The Nelson Mandela Championship, the Tshwane Open, the M2M Russian Open, and the Turkish Airlines Open.
Race to Dubai
Since 2009, the European Tour's money list has been known as the "Race to Dubai". It is based on money earned during the season and is calculated in euro, with earnings from tournaments that award prize money in other currencies being converted at the exchange rate available the week of the event. The following table shows the final top-10 in the 2013 standings and includes the bonus pool and bonus points from the "Final Series" (earnings converted to points before DP World Tour Championship, Dubai).
|4||Graeme McDowell||Northern Ireland||14||2,420,306|
|8||Richard Sterne||South Africa||22||1,687,014|
- Full list can be found here.
Golfer of the Month
The winners of the European Tour Golfer of the Month award:
|February||Darren Fichardt||South Africa|
|July||Graeme McDowell||Northern Ireland|
- 2013 in golf
- 2013 Challenge Tour
- 2013 European Seniors Tour
- 2013 PGA Tour
- List of golfers with most European Tour wins
- "2013 European Tour Schedule". PGA European Tour. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "The 2013 European Tour International Schedule announced". PGA European Tour. 25 November 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "The Race To Dubai – European Tour Final Series Summary". PGA European Tour. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- 2013 season results on the PGA European Tour website
- 2013 Order of Merit on the PGA European Tour website