2013 FIFA Club World Cup
|FIFA Club World Cup Morocco 2013|
2013 FIFA Club World Cup Logo
|Dates||11–21 December 2013|
|Teams||7 (from 6 confederations)|
|Venue(s)||2 (in 2 host cities)|
|Champions||Bayern Munich (1st title)|
|Third place||Atlético Mineiro|
|Fourth place||Guangzhou Evergrande|
|Goals scored||28 (3.5 per match)|
|Attendance||277,330 (34,666 per match)|
|Top scorer(s)|| Darío Conca
|Best player||Franck Ribéry|
|Fair play award||Bayern Munich|
The 2013 FIFA Club World Cup (officially known as the FIFA Club World Cup Morocco 2013 presented by Toyota for sponsorship reasons) was the 10th edition of the FIFA Club World Cup, a FIFA-organised international club football tournament between the champion clubs from each of the six continental confederations, as well as the national league champion from the host country. It was hosted by Morocco, and played from 11 to 21 December 2013.
- 1 Host bids
- 2 Qualified teams
- 3 Venues
- 4 Organisation
- 5 Refereeing
- 6 Squads
- 7 Matches
- 8 Goalscorers
- 9 Tournament round-up
- 10 References
- 11 External links
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates (which hosted the 2009 and 2010 editions in Abu Dhabi)
In October 2011, FIFA said that Iran, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates all withdrew their bids, leaving Morocco as the only bidder. FIFA officially announced Morocco as host on 17 December 2011.
|Enter in the semi-finals|
|Atlético Mineiro||CONMEBOL||Winners of the 2013 Copa Libertadores||1st|
|Bayern Munich||UEFA||Winners of the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League||1st|
|Enter in the quarter-finals|
|Guangzhou Evergrande||AFC||Winners of the 2013 AFC Champions League||1st|
|Al-Ahly||CAF||Winners of the 2013 CAF Champions League||5th (Previous: 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012)|
|Monterrey||CONCACAF||Winners of the 2012–13 CONCACAF Champions League||3rd (Previous: 2011, 2012)|
|Enter in the play-off for quarter-finals|
|Auckland City||OFC||Winners of the 2012–13 OFC Champions League||5th (Previous: 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012)|
|Raja Casablanca||CAF (Host)||Winners of the 2012–13 Botola||2nd (Previous: 2000)|
|Stade de Marrakech||Stade Adrar|
|Capacity: 45,240||Capacity: 45,480|
Pre-sale tickets were available from 14 to 27 October 2013, while the open sales phase began on 28 October 2013.
A tour of the FIFA Club World Cup Trophy took place from October to December 2013, starting from Yokohama, the site of the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup Final, before visiting the cities of each participating team, and ending at Casablanca before the start of the tournament.
The appointed match officials were:
|AFC||Ali Al-Badwawi (injured)|| Saleh Al Marzouqi (withdrew)
Mohamed Al Mehairi (withdrew)
|Alireza Faghani|| Hassan Kamranifar
|CAF||Bakary Gassama|| Angesom Ogbamariam
Felicien Kabanda (injured)
|Néant Alioum (reserve)|| Evarist Menkouande (reserve)
Peter Edibi (reserve)
|CONCACAF||Mark Geiger|| Sean Hurd
|CONMEBOL||Sandro Ricci|| Emerson De Carvalho
Marcelo Van Gasse
|UEFA||Carlos Velasco Carballo|| Roberto Alonso Fernández
Juan Carlos Yuste Jiménez
Following successful trials at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup and 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, FIFA approved the vanishing spray to be used by the tournament referees to mark the ten-yard line for the defending team during a free kick.
Each team named a 23-man squad (three of whom must be goalkeepers) by the FIFA deadline of 29 November 2013. Injury replacements were allowed until 24 hours before the team's first match.
A total of 31 nationalities were represented in the squads of the seven teams.
The draw was held on 9 October 2013 at 19:00 WEST (UTC+1), at the La Mamounia Hotel in Marrakesh, to decide the "positions" in the bracket for the three teams which entered the quarter-finals (champions of AFC, CAF, and CONCACAF).
If a match was tied after normal playing time:
- For elimination matches, extra time was played. If still tied after extra time, a penalty shoot-out was held to determine the winner.
- For the matches for fifth place and third place, no extra time was played, and a penalty shoot-out was held to determine the winner.
|11 December – Agadir|
|Raja Casablanca||2||14 December – Agadir|
|Auckland City||1||Raja Casablanca (a.e.t.)||2|
|18 December – Marrakesh|
|21 December – Marrakesh|
|14 December – Agadir|
|17 December – Agadir|
|Fifth place||Third place|
|18 December – Marrakesh||21 December – Marrakesh|
Play-off for quarter-finals
11 December 2013
|Raja Casablanca||2–1||Auckland City|
14 December 2013
14 December 2013
|Raja Casablanca||2–1 (a.e.t.)||Monterrey|
17 December 2013
|Guangzhou Evergrande||0–3||Bayern Munich|
18 December 2013
|Raja Casablanca||3–1||Atlético Mineiro|
Moutouali 84' (pen.)
Fifth place match
18 December 2013
|Moteab 8'||Report||Cardozo 3'
Delgado 22', 65'
Suazo 45' (pen.)
Third place match
21 December 2013
|Guangzhou Evergrande||2–3||Atlético Mineiro|
Conca 15' (pen.)
|Report||Diego Tardelli 2'
21 December 2013
|Bayern Munich||2–0||Raja Casablanca|
|FIFA Fair Play Award|
- "Match Schedule – FIFA Club World Cup Morocco 2013" (PDF). FIFA.com.
- "Regulations – FIFA Club World Cup Morocco 2013" (PDF). FIFA.
- "Morocco to host 2013-2014 Club World Cup". AFP (Google News). 17 December 2011.
- "Iran among four bidders to host 2013-14 FIFA Club World Cups". Associated Press (USA Today). 17 May 2011.
- "Morocco set to host Club World Cup in 2013, '14". Associated Press (FoxSports.com). 17 October 2011.
- "Reform road map speeds up". FIFA. 17 December 2011.
- "FIFA calls for solidarity to eradicate match-fixing". FIFA.com. 28 September 2012.
- "Official emblem unveiled". FIFA.com. 2 September 2013.
- "Ticketing details announced for Morocco 2013". FIFA.com. 5 October 2013.
- "FIFA Club World Cup Welcome Tour kicks off in Yokohama". FIFA.com. 18 October 2013.
- "FIFA Club World Cup Morocco 2013 presented by TOYOTA Appointments of Match Officials" (PDF). FIFA.com.
- "Morocco awaits continental champions, confirms goal-line technology". FIFA.com. 9 October 2013.
- "GoalControl confirmed as goal-line technology provider for Brazil 2014". FIFA.com. 10 October 2013.
- "Largely positive experience with the use of vanishing spray in FIFA competitions". FIFA.com. 20 November 2013.
- "Cosmopolitan cast list promises much". FIFA.com. 5 December 2013.
- "Relive the Morocco 2013 draw". FIFA.com. 9 October 2013.
- "Draw paves the way in Marrakech". FIFA.com. 9 October 2013.