2013 May Day protests
The 2013 May Day protests were a series of international protests involving hundreds of thousands of people that took place worldwide on May Day (1 May 2013) over the ongoing global economic crisis including austerity measures and poor working conditions.
Over 120,000 people from Jakarta and the surrounding cities of Depok, Bogor, Tangerang and Bekasi gathered at Hotel Indonesia and marched to Merdeka Palace, disrupting business activity in Jakarata.
Comparatively muted protest in central London compared to the violence of previous years. It received very little main stream News coverage
Protestors marched in Athens and Thessaloniki. The communist party-affiliated PAME organised a large strike demonstration in Syntagma Square, while GSEE union and the public sector union ADEDY had their rally at Kafthmonos Square. The Athens May Day demonstration was saluted by Bangladeshi workers' representative as well as by Gilda Chacov Bravo, Cuban member of the Secretariat of the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU).
Protestors marched in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Seattle- A violent protest led to the arrest of 17 people.
- Chicago- A protest left from NBC media headquarters with about 200 people. An anarchist Black Bloc took to the streets in Chicago's Michigan Avenue shopping district, starting confrontations with police and one protester was arrested. A small skirmish broke out in front of a Louis Vuitton store between an owner and protestor before meeting up with a larger Immigrant Rights and Union march of over 3,000 people. 
- "Workers rally for better conditions on May Day". USA Today. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- Sijabat, Ridwan Max (1 May 2013). "All quiet on the May Day front". The Jakarata Post. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "May Day protest at Speakers' Corner draws thousands". Yahoo. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "May Day 2013 in Greece: Large strike demonstrations by PAME in Athens and Thessaloniki". Revolution Now!. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- Wearden, Graeme (1 May 2013). "May Day rallies across Europe as Greek workers strike - as it happened". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "May Day demonstrators across U.S. demand immigration reform". CBS News. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "May Day rally turns violent in Seattle". USA Today. 2 May 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.