2013 Suncheon Garden Expo Korea
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
The 2013 Suncheon Garden Expo Korea is the first of its kind to be held in Korea. This Expo will focus on green industry development such as solar energy, sustainable garden development and electronic transportation. It will showcase an exemplary model for an ideal future city. It will be held in Suncheon Bay.
- Duration: 2013. Apr. 20 ~ 2013. Oct. 20 (6 months)
- Theme: The Garden of Earth
- Location: Around Suncheon Bay, Korea
- Area: 1,527,000㎡ (152ha)
- Exhibitions - Various eco-parks such as World gardens, arboretum, International wetland center, etc.
- Estimated visitors: 5 million visitors
- personal rapid transit to convey visitors from the Garden Expo site to Suncheon Bay.
- Develop Suncheon Bay, one of the world's top five coastal wetlands and the most well- preserved coastal wetland in the world, into a unique eco garden.
- Develop Suncheon Bay into a representative brand of Korea that is highly recognizable by citizens of the world.
- Build a reservoir to prevent floods and natural disasters.
- Maximize the economic value through developing green industries (forestry, floriculture, and gardening) and ecotourism.
- The Title - Garden of the Earth - symbolizes the value and characteristic of Suncheon Bay, preserved as one of the best natural gardens of the world.
- "Suncheon Bay Garden Project 2013". Retrieved November 20, 2012.