2013 in Romania
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in Romania:||2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016|
|Centuries:||20th century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016|
This is a list of 2013 events that occurred in Romania.
- 1 Incumbents
- 2 Events
- 3 Arts and entertainment
- 4 Sports
- 5 Deaths
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- President: Traian Băsescu;
- Prime Minister: Victor Ponta;
- President of the Senate: Crin Antonescu;
- President of the Chamber of Deputies: Valeriu Zgonea.
- January 9: Four children are found carbonized after their house is destroyed in a fire in the commune of Măgura, Bacău County.
- January 11: Three people are caught in the act while trying to place a package of explosive device in Piatra Neamț.
- January 17: The Romanian Intelligence Service constitutes a crisis cell inasmuch as several Romanian citizens are taken hostage in Algeria.
- February 7: A diplomatic dispute between Romania and Hungary erupts as a Hungarian government official and the ambassador in Bucharest make commentaries on the flag of Székely Land that trigger large criticism from the Romanian side.
- February 24: Five people die and three others are seriously injured after a collision between a car and a minibus in the town of Călimănești, Vâlcea County.
- March 7: Two people die and three others are seriously injured after a military helicopter crashes in Bacău County.
- March 10: More than 5,000 people attend a rally for the autonomy of Székely Land in Târgu Mureș.
- March 11: Three people from Bihor die and two others are in serious condition, after they get drunk with sanitary alcohol.
- March 16: Four people drown, after their boat overturns on Lake Murighiol.
- March 18: Adrian Năstase is released from the Jilava Penitentiary. Former prime minister was sentenced on June 20, 2012 to two years imprisonment in the "Quality Trophy" case.
- March 22: Two men and a woman are found dead in their house in Constanța County, as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- March 27: Mona Pivniceru resigns from the Ministry of Justice, following her appointment as a judge of the Constitutional Court for a term of nine years.
- April 4: Tens of thousands of people protest in more than 20 cities across the country against exploitation of shale gas through hydraulic fracturing method.
- April 10: About 2,000 pigs die in a fire at a farm located in the commune of Andrid, Satu Mare County, the prejudice being almost 1.5 million lei.
- April 18: 80 children get intoxicated at a school in Piatra Neamț, after they eat from a catering company.
- April 19: First Honorary Consulate of Lithuania in Romania is opened in Ploiești.
- May 3: About a hundred employees of a garment factory in Calafat are transported to the hospital, after they intoxicate with a substance used to disinfect the hall where they operate.
- May 20: Gigi Becali is sentenced by the supreme court to three years of imprisonment in land exchange with MND case, and former minister Victor Babiuc and former Chief of General Staff Dumitru Cioflină each receive two years in prison.
- May 23: A violent storm ravages Bucharest, leaving a woman dead, 17 people injured, 26 cars damaged and 140 trees smitten.
- June 14
- Over 70 students and teachers at a school in Satu Mare are hospitalized with symptoms of food poisoning, after they attend the graduation banquet held at a restaurant in the city.
- Two people die and 13 are injured in a collision between a car and a minibus in Păltiniș, Caraș-Severin County.
- June 15: Representatives from 24 county organizations of PRM attend a special meeting of the National Council, who decide to revoke the party president, Corneliu Vadim Tudor and PRM leadership. C. V. Tudor says the meeting is non-statutory and illegal.
- June 26: Prime Minister Victor Ponta decrees national mourning, after 18 Romanian citizens die in a bus crash in Montenegro.
- July 8: One person is slightly injured, after a homemade bomb explodes in a building of Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Iași.
- September 1: Hundreds of thousands of people protest in major Romanian cities against the Roșia Montană Project.
- September 8: Eleven people die when their minibus is hit by a passenger train at a level crossing near Iași.
- September 12
- October 6: An unusual earthquake swarm strike the Galați County, causing a lot of damage in the villages near the epicenter areas and panic among people.
- October 7: Varujan Vosganian announces his resignation as Minister of Economy, after the Senate votes against his criminal prosecution by the National Anticorruption Directorate.
- October 27: Nearly 150,000 Hungarians and Szekelys form a human chain in Covasna County for the autonomy of the Székely Land.
- October 30: Scientists of Babeș-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca create a blood-like liquid that could be used in surgery or for transfusions in case of accidents.
- November 2: Nearly 7,000 doctors, nurses and dentists march on Victory Avenue, towards the Palace of the Parliament, demanding the allocation of 6% of GDP for health.
- November 6: More than 10,000 teachers protest in Victory Square, Bucharest, demanding the allocation of 6% of GDP for education.
- November 25: Up to 150,000 health professionals across the country trigger a two-hour warning strike.
- December 2: President Traian Băsescu sparks a new crisis by refusing to sign the country's IMF accord and threatens Prime Minister Victor Ponta's government with rejecting the national budget, blocking important indexations of salaries and pensions for the following year, over an ongoing political feud between the two leaders.
Arts and entertainment
- February 16: "Child's Pose", directed by Călin Peter Netzer and starring Luminița Gheorghiu in the central role, won the Golden Bear for best picture at the Berlin film festival.
- March 25: "Toată lumea din familia noastră", directed by Radu Jude, won the award for best film at the seventh annual Gopo gala.
- April 11–April 20: The 22nd edition of StudentFest was held in Timișoara.
- June: The 12th edition of Transilvania International Film Festival was held in Cluj-Napoca.
- July 27–July 28: The fifth edition of the festival Rock the City took place at Romexpo in Bucharest.
- August 5–August 11: The eighth edition of the festival ARTmania took place in Sibiu.
- February 17–February 22: The 11th edition of European Youth Olympic Winter Festival was held in Brașov.
- March 29: Gymnasts Larisa Iordache, Diana Bulimar and Adrian Muntean won three gold medals at the FIG World Challenge Cup in Doha.
- April 12: Răzvan Martin won a gold medal and a bronze medal in the 77 kg category final at the European Weightlifting Championships in Tirana.
- April 21: Romania won a gold medal and four silver medals at the European Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Moscow.
Main article: Deaths in 2013
- January 3: Sergiu Nicolaescu, 82, film director, actor and politician. (born 1930)
- January 7: Archbishop of Buzău and Vrancea Epifanie Norocel, 80. (born 1932)
- January 8: Cornel Pavlovici, 69, footballer (FC Steaua București), Liga I top scorer in 1964. (born 1943)
- January 17: Septimiu Roman, 56, SRR journalist. (born 1956)
- January 18: Victor Radovici, 76, theater actor and director. (born 1936)
- January 21: János Kőrössy, 87, pianist, arranger and composer. (born 1926)
- January 24: Dan Mihăescu, 79, humorist, scenarist and director. (born 1933)
- February 1: Ștefan Kostyal, 92, general. (born 1922)
- February 11
- Mihail-Radu Solcan, 59, philosopher. (born 1953)
- Zoe Țapu, 78, leading scientific researcher at the Research Institute for Cereals and Industrial Crops. (born 1934)
- February 12: Archimandrite Serafim Man, 77, abbot of the Rohia Monastery. (born 1935)
- February 16
- February 23: Adrian Hrițcu, 87, Orthodox cleric. (born 1926)
- February 26: Naarghita, 74, Hindu music singer. (born 1939)
- March 8: Dumitru Rucăreanu, 81, stage and screen actor. (born 1932)
- March 19: Irina Petrescu, 71, film actress. (born 1941)
- March 20: Vasile Ianul, 68, former president of FC Dinamo and Poli Iași. (born 1945)
- March 24: Mariana Drăgescu, 100, White Squadron aviator. (born 1912)
- March 26: Liviu Măruia, 35, archaeologist and geographer. (born 1977)
- March 29: Bujor Macrin, 70, theatre actor and director. (born 1942)
- April 1: Nicolae Martinescu, 73, Olympic wrestler. (born 1940)
- April 5: George Anania, 71, science fiction writer, playwright and translator. (born 1941)
- April 11: Alexandru Fronea, 79, footballer (FC Petrolul Ploiești). (born 1933)
- April 17: Paul Cristea, 72, physicist and member of the Romanian Academy. (born 1941)
- May 9: Cătălin Naum, 74, theater director and teacher. (born 1939)
- May 20: Gheorghe Buzatu, 73, PRM senator and historian. (born 1939)
- May 30: Radu Paladi, 86, composer, pianist and conductor. (born 1927)
- June 8: Petrică Popa, 84, actor at the Nottara Theatre in Bucharest. (born 1929)
- June 10: Violeta Popescu, 72, actrice at the Vasile Alecsandri National Theatre in Iași. (born 1941)
- June 12: Tiberiu E. Nășcuțiu, 84, chemist and docent. (born 1929)
- June 16: Iustin Pârvu, 94, confessor and abbot of the Petru Vodă Monastery. (born 1919)
- June 19: Alexandru Mușina, 58, poet, essayist, journalist and editor. (born 1954)
- June 20: Mihail Popescu, 65, chief of General Staff of the Romanian Army. (born 1948)
- June 25: Octavian Moisin, 99, Greek-Catholic priest, chemical engineer, papal prelate and metropolitan canon. (born 1914)
- July 3: Radu Vasile, 70, politician, historian and poet. (born 1942)
- August 13: Octavian-Mircea Purceld, 65, leader of PRM Timiș and economist. (born 1948)
- August 17
- August 18: Florin Cioabă, 58, self-proclaimed international king of the Gypsies. (born 1954)
- August 20: Costică Ștefănescu, 62, footballer (FC Universitatea Craiova) and trainer. (born 1951)
- September 6: Constantin Ghenescu, 69, actor. (born 1944)
- September 7: Petru Poantă, 66, literary critic and essayist. (born 1947)
- September 21: Roman Vlad, 93, composer, musicologist and pianist. (born 1919)
- September 23: Geo Saizescu, 80, director, screenwriter and actor. (born 1932)
- October 4: Rela Lucan, 45, folk singer. (born 1968)
- October 13: Angela Moldovan, 86, folk singer. (born 1927)
- October 30: Anca Petrescu, 64, chief architect of the Palace of the Parliament. (born 1949)
- November 7: Dana Comnea, 80, theater and film actress. (born 1933)
- December 18: Titus Munteanu, 72, TV producer. (born 1941)
- December 19: Nae Lăzărescu, 72, actor and comedian. (born 1941)
- "Tragedie într-o casă din județul Bacău: Patru copii au murit într-un incendiu. Locuința a luat foc de la un fotoliu lăsat lângă o sobă metalică". Mediafax.ro. January 9, 2013.
- "ATENTAT CU BOMBĂ dejucat la Piatra Neamț. Era vizat Bogdan Mararu, membru al unei grupări interlope. SRI: Amenințarea a fost înlăturată, acțiunea de dezamorsare - încheiată". Mediafax.ro. January 11, 2013.
- "ATENTAT cu BOMBĂ, dejucat la Piatra Neamț. Cinci persoane au fost REȚINUTE. Vezi imagini cu amplasarea bombei". România Liberă. January 11, 2013.
- "ROMÂN RĂPIT de teroriști în Algeria. UPDATE: Operațiunea armatei împotriva teroriștilor a luat sfârșit. Nicio veste despre românul răpit". Gândul.info. January 17, 2013.
- "Bucharest-Budapest diplomatic row following Hungarian's official divisive statements". Nine O'clock. February 7, 2013.
- "Budapest drawn into "flag war" between ethnic Hungarians, Romanian officials". Politics.hu. February 5, 2013.
- "Rapperul Grasu XXL, implicat într-un accident deosebit de grav. Cinci tineri au murit". România TV. February 24, 2013.
- "Un elicopter militar s-a prăbușit în județul Bacău: Doi oameni au murit și trei sunt răniți. Ministrul Apărării a plecat spre locul accidentului. Răniții, aduși la București". Mediafax.ro. March 7, 2013.
- "Elicopter militar, prăbușit în Bacău. Doi oameni au murit, iar trei militari au fost aduși la București - numele celor implicați în accident". Adevărul.ro. March 7, 2013.
- "Marșul secuilor pentru autonomie. Circa 5.000 de oameni sunt prezenți la manifestație". Antena3.ro. March 10, 2013.
- "Trei bărbați au murit după ce au băut spirt în loc de tărie". Bună Ziua Iași. March 11, 2013.
- "TRAGEDIE în Deltă: Doi morți și doi dispăruți, după ce s-au răsturnat cu barca pe Lacul Murighiol". România TV. March 16, 2013.
- "ADRIAN NĂSTASE ELIBERAT. Crin Antonescu: Decizia trebuia luată mai repede și fără atâtea contorsiuni". Gândul.info. March 18, 2013.
- "ADRIAN NĂSTASE va fi ELIBERAT, a decis TRIBUNALUL BUCUREȘTI". Realitatea.net. March 18, 2013.
- "Adrian Năstase a fost eliberat din Penitenciarul Jilava. El a mers direct la o clinică privată pentru a efectua mai multe investigații medicale". HotNews.ro. March 18, 2013.
- "Descoperire macabră într-o localitate din Constanța. Trei oameni au fost găsiți morți în casă". România TV. March 22, 2013.
- "Trei intoxicați cu monoxid de carbon la Viișoara". Observator de Constanța. March 22, 2013.
- "Mona Pivniceru și-a prezentat demisia din funcția de ministru al Justiției". HotNews.ro. March 27, 2013.
- "Mona Pivniceru demisionează, astăzi, din fruntea Ministerului Justiției. Ponta preia interimatul". Adevărul.ro. March 27, 2013.
- "România protestează împotriva gazelor de șist. 80 de ONG-uri organizează manifestații în peste 20 de oraşe din țară". Jurnalul.ro. April 4, 2013.
- "Proteste împotriva exploatării gazelor de șist la București și în întreaga țară". Realitatea.net. April 4, 2013.
- "Incendiu DEVASTATOR la o fermă de porci din Satu Mare. 2000 de animale au murit". România TV. April 10, 2013.
- "Peste 2000 de porci au murit într-un incendiu la Andrid". Informația Zilei. April 10, 2013.
- "Zeci de copii, intoxicați la o școală din Piatra Neamț, după ce au mâncat de la o firmă de catering". România TV. April 18, 2013.
- "EVENIMENT. Deschiderea CONSULATULUI ONORIFIC AL LITUANIEI ÎN ROMÂNIA la PLOIEȘTI". Actualitatea prahoveană. April 19, 2013.
- "Aproximativ 100 de MUNCITOARE de la o fabrică din Calafat, INTOXICATE. Femeile, duse la SPITAL". Realitatea.net. May 3, 2013.
- "Ce amendă a primit fabrica de la Calafat, unde muncitoarele au fost intoxicate cu insecticid". Evenimentul Zilei. May 7, 2013.
- "Calafat: 100 de femei INTOXICATE cu INSECTICID". Observator.tv. May 3, 2013.
- "Gigi Becali, condamnat la trei ani de ÎNCHISOARE CU EXECUTARE". România TV. May 20, 2013.
- "Gigi Becali, CONDAMNAT LA 3 ANI DE ÎNCHISOARE cu executare: "Regret că am intrat în politică". Becali a fost dus la Penitenciarul Rahova". Mediafax.ro. May 20, 2013.
- "Gigi Becali S-A PREDAT. Finanțatorul echipei Steaua București a fost condamnat la trei ani de închisoare". Antena3.ro. May 20, 2013.
- "Furtună în Capitală: Cel puțin 18 persoane au fost rănite". HotNews.ro. May 23, 2013.
- "Bilanț după furtuna din București: 18 răniți, 140 de copaci doborâți, 3 stâlpi căzuți, 650 de apeluri la 112". Jurnalul.ro. May 23, 2013.
- "Satu Mare: 55 de copii, internați în spital, cu toxiinfecție alimentară". România Liberă. June 14, 2013.
- "Zeci de elevi și profesori au ajuns la spital cu toxiinfecție alimentară după o petrecere de sfârșit de an". Antena3.ro. June 14, 2013.
- "Doi morți și 13 răniți după ce un microbuz a fost lovit de un autoturism". Gândul.info. June 14, 2013.
- "Doi morți și 13 răniți după ce un microbuz a fost lovit de un autoturism înmatriculat în Italia". Știrile PRO TV. June 14, 2013.
- "Gheorghe Funar: Consiliul Național Extraordinar al PRM a demis conducerea partidului". Agerpres. June 15, 2013.
- "Corneliu Vadim Tudor a fost suspendat de la șefia PRM de membrii a 24 de filiale". Știrile TVR. June 15, 2013.
- "PRM s-a răsculat împotriva lui Corneliu Vadim Tudor. Tribunul - dezlănțuit la aflarea veștii". Jurnalul.ro. June 15, 2013.
- "ZI DE DOLIU NAŢIONAL pentru victimele accidentului din Muntenegru". Realitatea.net. June 26, 2013.
- "ACCIDENT ÎN MUNTENEGRU. Miercuri, zi de doliu național. Ponta: "E o tragedie naţională. Poate consolida sentimentul de solidaritate"". Gândul.info. June 24, 2013.
- "Ponta va decreta ziua de miercuri drept zi de doliu național pentru victimele din Muntenegru". Antena3.ro. June 24, 2013.
- "ATENTAT CU BOMBĂ la o facultate din Iași: Un bărbat a detonat un dispozitiv explozibil". Realitatea.net. July 8, 2013.
- "ATENTAT CU BOMBĂ la Universitatea din Iași: Dispozitiv exploziv detonat în timpul LICENȚEI". România TV. July 8, 2013.
- "Atentat cu BOMBĂ la Universitatea Cuza din Iași. Atentatorul trăiește într-o grotă și se crede Bin Laden". Evenimentul Zilei. July 8, 2013.
- "Romanians mobilise in protest against gold mine plans". The Guardian. September 17, 2013.
- "Cyanide pollution fears: Thousands of Romanians protest 'biggest in Europe' gold mine". Russia Today. September 8, 2013.
- "Thousands rally in Romania against gold mine". Reuters. September 1, 2013.
- "'The Arab Spring, the Turkish Summer, The Romanian Autumn': Romanian protests as a model of peaceful demonstration". CNN. September 6, 2013.
- "11 killed in Romania car-train crash". LiveLeak.com. September 8, 2013.
- "Accidentul cu 11 morți de la Iași, surprins de camerele de supraveghere". România TV. September 8, 2013.
- "Romania flash floods kill eight and force evacuations". BBC News. September 12, 2013.
- "INUNDAȚII ÎN GALAȚI: Sute de case inundate și 9 morți, bilanț dramatic invers proporțional cu reacția autorităților". Mediafax. September 12, 2013.
- "Accident grav la Arad: trei morți și 29 de răniți". Gândul. September 12, 2013.
- "Accidentul de la Nădlac. Persoanele rănite ușor au plecat mai departe spre destinații. Trei oameni au murit și 29 au fost răniți în coliziunea dintre autocare". Adevărul. September 12, 2013.
- "Mysterious earthquake swarm damages many villages in Galați, Eastern Romania". Earthquake-Report.com. 6 October 2013.
- Alina Boghiceanu, Mădălina Mihalache (7 October 2013). "Vosganian a demisionat din funcția de ministru al Economiei. Interimatul, asigurat de Chițoiu. Demisia nu-l pune la dispoziția Justiției". Adevărul.
- "Romania: Hungarians and Szekelys protest against territorial reform". Euronews. 27 October 2013.
- Laura Sesana (31 October 2013). "Romanian scientists create artificial "Tru Blood" but not for Vampires". The Washington Times.
- Ellie Zolfagharifard (30 October 2013). "Scientists invent artificial BLOOD made of water, salt and protein that works in mice". Daily Mail.
- Cristina Botezatu (2 November 2013). "MARȘUL TĂCERII. Angajații din sănătate au protestat cu un SICRIU ȘI COROANE DE FLORI". Evenimentul Zilei.
- "Romania: Thousands of doctors and nurses march in Bucharest for better health service". Euronews. 2 November 2013.
- "Protest uriaș în București al profesorilor: Murim noi, muriți și voi!". Realitatea.net. 6 November 2013.
- "Aproape 10.000 de profesori au protestat miercuri, nemulțumiți de condițiile de trai". Antena 3. 6 November 2013.
- "GREVĂ DE AVERTISMENT în Sănătate. Protestatarii cer demisia ministrului Sănătății. Președintele Sanitas: Dacă greva va fi declarată ilegală, angajații vor cere să primească liberele restante". Mediafax.ro. 25 November 2013.
- Laura Mitran (25 November 2013). "GREVĂ de avertisment în sănătate, între 8 și 10. Medicii vor salarii mai mari. Joi ar putea fi GREVĂ GENERALĂ". Gândul.
- Andra Timu (3 December 2013). "Romania IMF Accord Frozen Over Political Dispute on Fuel Tax". Bloomberg.
- Luiza Ilie (2 December 2013). "Romanian president refuses to sign IMF deal over tax hikes". Reuters.
- "Romania president won't sign IMF memorandum". The Huffington Post. 2 December 2013.