2014 Africa Cup
The 2014 Africa Cup will be the fourteenth edition of the Africa Cup, an annual international rugby union tournament for African nations organised by the Confederation of African Rugby (CAR). This tournament, as well as the 2012 and 2013 editions of it, will serve as the qualifiers for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
Changes from last season
Changes from the 2013 Africa Cup:
- Division 2 (both North and South) are now Rugby Sevens tournaments
- Division 3 is no longer on the programme. It was scheduled for 2013 however, due to economic and political instability, no games were played
- Namibia was promoted to Division 1A
- Uganda was relegated to Division 1B
- Ivory Coast was promoted to Division 1B
- Botswana was relegated to Division 1C
- Swaziland was added to Division 1C despite not competing last year, replacing Niger, who will instead play in Division 2 North
- Democratic Republic of the Congo was scheduled to play in Division 3 Central in 2013, but was unable to. They will compete in the new Division 2 South Sevens tournament.
- The following teams competed in XV last year, but will only compete in VII in 2014: Burkina Faso, Mali, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Niger, Rwanda, Burundi
Division 1A will be held between 26 June and 6 July 2014, at the Mahamasina Municipal Stadium in Antananarivo, Madagascar. The winner will qualify for the 2015 Rugby World Cup as Africa 1, and the runner up will qualify for the repechage. The competing teams will be:
Division 1B will be held between 9 and 14 June 2014, in Tunis, Tunisia. The competing teams will be:
Division 1C will be held between 14 and 21 June 2014, in Gaborone, Botswana. The competing teams will be:
The North Group tournament will be held in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso on 13 and 18 May 2014. The competing teams will be:
The South Group tournament will be held in Kigali, Rwanda in 22 June 2014. The competing teams will be:
- Africa Cup
- 2015 Rugby World Cup – Africa qualification
- 2015 Rugby World Cup – Repechage qualification
- "CAR 2013 COMPETITIONS". Confederation of African Rugby. Retrieved 2013-10-18.