2014 Asian Le Mans Series season
|2014 Asian Le Mans Series season|
The 2014 Asian Le Mans Series season will be the third season of the Automobile Club de l'Ouest's Asian Le Mans Series. It is the fourth 24 Hours of Le Mans-based series created by the ACO, following the European Le Mans Series and the FIA World Endurance Championship. The five event season will begin at the Inje Speedium on July 20, 2014 and end at Sepang International Circuit in Selangor on December 7, 2014.
The top class of the series will continue to be LMP2. The LMGTE and GTC categories will be combined, along with Super GT GT300 class vehicles, into a single performance balanced GT category, which will be further divided into professional and amateur classes. Silver and bronze level driver will be required in the amateur division. A new class, replacing the LMPC category which was not utilized in 2013, will allow a variety of Group CN cars to compete with standardized Honda engines and will be eligible for competition through 2017. At the end of the season, the first place team in LMP2 and the top two teams in GT will receive automatic invitations to the 2015 24 Hours of Le Mans. The requirement for all competitors to have at least one driver from Asia is expanded to include drivers from the Australasia region. To help reduce operational costs for the teams, only two crew members are allowed to be involved in a tyre change.
The 2014 calendar was revealed during the 2013 3 Hours of Sepang. The second round will be held alongside the fifth round of the 2014 Super GT season at Fuji Speedway. After being removed from the provisional 2013 calendar the 3 Hours of Shanghai will return, racing at the same event alongside the tenth round of the 2014 World Touring Car Championship season. The season opening round at Inje Speedium was originally scheduled to be held on 6 July, but was later rescheduled to 20 July.
The schedule was revised again on 9 May, with the round at Fuji being moved back three weeks, and no longer on the same weekend as Super GT. As well as this, a round at the Buriram United International Circuit was confirmed, replacing a round scheduled for the Zhuhai International Circuit.
|1||3 Hours of Inje||Inje Speedium, Inje, South Korea||20 July|
|2||3 Hours of Fuji||Fuji Speedway, Oyama, Japan||31 August|
|3||3 Hours of Shanghai||Shanghai International Circuit, Jiading, China||12 October|
|4||3 Hours of Buriram||Buriram United International Circuit, Buriram, Thailand||23 November|
|5||3 Hours of Sepang||Sepang International Circuit, Selangor, Malaysia||7 December|
Teams and drivers
|OAK Racing Team Total||Morgan LMP2||Judd HK 3.6 L V8||1||David Cheng||M||1|
|Eurasia Motorsport||Oreca 03||Nissan VK45DE 4.5 L V8||27||Richard Bradley||M||1|
|ATL Wolf Asia||Wolf GB08||Honda 2.0 L 4-cyl||45||Dominic Ang||M||1|
|Craft-Bamboo Racing||Ligier JS53||Honda 2.0 L 4-cyl||77||Mathias Beche||M||1|
|Python||Ferrari 458 Italia GT3||Ferrari F142 4.5 L V8||7||Zou Si Rui||M||1|
|AAI-Rstrada||Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3||Mercedes-Benz 6.2 L V8||90||Yu Lam||M||1|
|BMW Z4 GT3||BMW 4.4 L V8||91||Ollie Millroy||1|
|Jun San Chen||1|
|Rnd.||Circuit||LMP2 Winning Team||CN Winning Team||GT Winning Team||Results|
|LMP2 Winning Drivers||CN Winning Drivers||GT Winning Drivers|
|1||Inje||No.1 OAK Racing Team Asia||No.77 Craft-Bamboo Racing||No.92 AAI Motorsports||Report|
| David Cheng
| Mathias Beche
| Morris Chen
- "2014 Asian Le Mans Series". Asian Le Mans Series. 10 December 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Dagys, John (7 December 2013). "2014 Schedule, New Class Structure Announced". Sportscar365 (John Dagys Media). Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Dagys, John (9 May 2014). "Asian LMS to Race in Thailand". Sportscar365 (John Dagys Media). Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "OAK Racing will be back to defend its 5tle in the Asian Le Mans Series!". endurance-info.com. April 5, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Eurasia Planning LMP2, CN Programs". sportscar365.com. June 21, 2014. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- "ATLANTIC RACING AND THE WOLF GB08 IN THE ASIAN LE MANS SERIES". Wolf Racing Cars. January 28, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Craft Racing and Bamboo Engineering merge to form new global race team". endurance-info.com. April 8, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Entry List". Asian Le Mans Series. 11 July 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Ollie Millroy to spearhead AAI Motorsport’s Asian Le Mans Series challenge". endurance-info.com. March 29, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "AAI Motorsports Reveals Three-Car GT Program". sportscar365.com. April 9, 2014. Retrieved April 10, 2014.