2014 British Formula Three season
|2014 British Formula Three season|
The 2014 Cooper Tires British Formula Three International Series season is a multi-event motor racing championship for open wheel, formula racing cars held across England and Belgium. The championship features a mix of professional motor racing teams and privately funded drivers competing in 2 litre Formula Three single seat race cars that conform to the technical regulations for the championship.
The 2014 season will be the 64th British Formula Three Championship. The series, promoted by the Stéphane Ratel Organisation, will begin on 4 May at Rockingham Motor Speedway and will end on 14 September at Donington Park after a 21 race schedule to be held at seven meetings.
Drivers and teams
|Carlin||1||Li Zhi Cong||Dallara F308||Volkswagen||1–3|
|Fortec Motorsports||3||Marvin Kirchhöfer||Dallara F312||Mercedes HWA||2|
|50||Sam MacLeod||1, 3|
|Double R Racing||8||Andy Chang||Dallara F312||Mercedes HWA||1–3|
|Performance Racing||TBA||Parth Ghorpade||TBA||Volkswagen||4|
Race calendar and results
A seven-round calendar was announced on 23 September 2013. In a change of direction from recent seasons, the championship will hold only a single round outside the UK, in Belgium, supporting the 2014 24 Hours of Spa. The remaining six rounds will all be held in England. The three race format used in previous seasons will be retained for all rounds of the championship.
After appearing on the 2013 calendar, the international round held at the Nürburgring was dropped from the 2014 calendar. Donington Park, Rockingham and Snetterton all return to the calendar after a one-year hiatus, while Thruxton returns to the calendar for the first time since 2010.
|Round||Circuit||Date||Pole Position||Fastest Lap||Winning Driver||Winning Team|
|1||R1||Rockingham Motor Speedway||4 May||Sam MacLeod||Sam MacLeod||Sam MacLeod||Fortec Motorsports|
|R2||5 May||Sam MacLeod||Sam MacLeod||Fortec Motorsports|
|R3||Sam MacLeod||Matt Rao||Matt Rao||Fortec Motorsports|
|2||R1||Silverstone Circuit||24 May||Martin Cao||Egor Orudzhev||Egor Orudzhev||Carlin|
|R2||Marvin Kirchhöfer||Marvin Kirchhöfer||Fortec Motorsports|
|R3||25 May||Martin Cao||Marvin Kirchhöfer||Marvin Kirchhöfer||Fortec Motorsports|
|3||R1||Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit||21 June||Sam MacLeod||Sam MacLeod||Sam MacLeod||Fortec Motorsports|
|R2||22 June||Sam MacLeod||Matt Rao||Fortec Motorsports|
|R3||Sam MacLeod||Sam MacLeod||Sam MacLeod||Fortec Motorsports|
|4||R1||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps||24 July|
|5||R1||Thruxton Circuit||16 August|
|6||R1||Brands Hatch||30 August|
|7||R1||Donington Park||13 September|
- "SRO unveil new-look British F3 2014 calendar". British Formula Three Championship (Stéphane Ratel Organisation). 23 September 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Khorounzhiy, Valentin (1 April 2014). "Peter Li Zhi Cong gets full-time drive with Carlin in British F3". Paddock Scout. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Powell joins Carlin’s line-up for Rockingham". British Formula Three Championship (Stéphane Ratel Organisation). 1 May 2014. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Orudzhev joins Carlin for Silverstone". Carlin. 20 May 2014. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Simmons, Marcus (5 December 2013). "Fortec signs Chinese racer Cao for British Formula 3". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Simmons, Marcus (16 May 2014). "Marvin Kirchhofer to contest British Formula 3 round at Silverstone". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Simmons, Marcus (15 January 2014). "Matt Rao first UK driver to commit to 2014 British F3 with Fortec". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Simmons, Marcus (7 April 2014). "Sam MacLeod joins British Formula 3 grid with Fortec". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- Simmons, Marcus (23 September 2013). "British F3 adds Thruxton to expanded 2014 calendar". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Simmons, Andy (15 January 2014). "Andy Chang to step up to British F3 with Double R in 2014". Autosport (Haymarket). Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Allen, Peter (7 February 2014). "Kaminksy makes British F3 step with Double R". PaddockScout.com. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Harry Tincknell to make one-off return to F3 at Thruxton". Autosport (Haymarket). 7 April 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Performance Racing returns to British Formula 3 with Parth Ghorpade". Autosport (Haymarket). 19 June 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2014.