2014 FINA World Swimming Championships (25 m)
|2014 FINA Short Course Worlds|
|Host city||Doha, Qatar|
|Venue(s)||Hamad Aquatic Centre|
In November 2011, the Italian Swimming Federation (FIN) withdrew their support of Catania as host for the event, due to the Italian regional government's missing deadlines related to financial guarantees for the event. FIN's withdraw of support for Catania made it unlikely that the event would stay in Italy.
- WSC 25m: Doha (QAT) will be the host in 2014, press release 2012-#20. Published by FINA on 2012-04-04; retrieved 2012-04-04
- FINA selects Catania, Casablanca as future host cities; creates Open Water "School for Officials". Published by Swimming World Magazine on 2010-12-14; retrieved 2012-04-04.
- (Italian) Nuoto: Mondiali in vasca corta 2014. Mancata formalizzazione degli impegni della Regione Siciliana. Catania rinuncia (trans: Swimming: Short Course Worlds 2014. Sicilian Regional government fails to formilize committee; Catania waived.). Published by Federazione Italiana Nuoto on 2011-11-14, retrieved 2012-04-04.
- Catania withdraws as 2014 World titles host, by Craig Lord, SwimNews. Published 2011-14-11; retrieved 2012-04-04.
- FINA announces Doha, Qatar as host of 2014 World Short Course Championships, published by Swimming World Magazine on 2012-04-04; retrieved 2012-04-04. (NOTE: This is a reposting of the FINA press release.)