2014 PDC Pro Tour
The 2014 PDC Pro Tour is a currently-running series of non-televised darts tournaments organised by the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC). Professional Dart Players Association Players Championships, UK Open Qualifiers, and European Tour events are the events that make up the Pro Tour. This year there are 34 PDC Pro Tour events being held – 20 Players Championships, 6 UK Open Qualifiers, and 8 European Tour events.
Prize money for each UK Open Qualifier has been increased from £35,000 to £50,000 to match the 2013 Players Championships, which themselves have remained unchanged for this year. European Tour events will offer £100,000 per event, the same as in 2013.
PDC Pro Tour Card
128 players were granted Tour Cards, which enabled them to participate in all Players Championships, UK Open Qualifiers and European Tour events.
The 2014 Tour Cards were awarded to:
- (63) The top 64 players from the PDC Order of Merit after the 2014 World Championship. Co Stompé resigned his card.
- (42) The 42 qualifiers from 2014 Q-School.
- (16) The 16 qualifiers from 2013 Q-School not ranked in the top 64 of the PDC Order of Merit following the World Championship.
- (1) Four semi-finalists of the 2014 BDO World Darts Championship, only Stephen Bunting accepted his tour card.
- (1) The winner of the 2013 Scandinavian Order of Merit (Per Laursen).
- (1) The winner of the 2012 Scandinavian Order of Merit (Jarkko Komula).
- (2) Two highest qualifiers from 2013 Challenge Tour (Ben Ward and Adam Hunt).
- (2) Two highest qualifiers from 2012 Youth Tour (Chris Aubrey and Josh Payne).
Lakeside Champion Stephen Bunting accepted his offer of a Tour Card, while a further 16 players won automatic Tour Cards at Qualifying School. To complete the field of 128 Tour Card Holders, places were allocated down the final Qualifying School Order of Merit, with 26 of the top 27 players taking a Tour Card.
|Day 1 - January 15||Kyle Anderson, Benito van de Pas, Antonio Alcinas, Andrew Gilding|||
|Day 2 - January 16||Tomas Seyler, Andy Parsons, Gerwyn Price, Dave Bird|||
|Day 3 - January 17||Gary Stone, Matt Padgett, Robert Owen, Tony Newell|||
|Day 4 - January 18||Steve West, Nigel Heydon, Joe Murnan, Jason Hogg|||
A Q School Order of Merit was also created by using the following points system:
|Final round||Nine points|
|Last 16||Five points|
|Last 32||Three points|
|Last 64||Two points|
|Last 128||One point|
To complete the field of 128 Tour Card Holders, places were allocated down the final Qualifying School Order of Merit, with 26 of the top 27 players taking a Tour Card. Stuart Bousfield turned down his chance to take up a Tour Card from the rankings, and as such is removed from the standings for 2014.
- Brian Woods
- Zoran Lerchbacher
- Mick Todd
- Pete Dyos
- Keegan Brown
- Stuart White
- Steve Grubb
- Ian Moss
- Rowby-John Rodriguez
- Christian Kist
- Jim Walker
- Dave Ladley
- Mareno Michels
- Mark Barilli
- Jamie Bain
- Michael Barnard
- David Dodds
- Steve Hine
- Terry Temple
- Ross Twell
- Stuart Anderson
- Conan Whitehead
- Mark Cox
- William O'Connor
- Joey ten Berge
- Kevin Voornhout
- (All matches – best of 11 legs)
Players Championship 1 in Barnsley on 15 March.
|Darren Webster||2||Andrew Gilding||6|
|James Wade||6||James Wade||3|
|Ronnie Baxter||5||Andrew Gilding 107.70||5|
|Gary Anderson||6||Gary Anderson 111.47||6|
|Andy Hamilton||3||Gary Anderson||6|
|Mervyn King||6||Mervyn King||3|
Players Championship 2 in Barnsley on 16 March.
|Michael van Gerwen||6|
|Michael Smith||4||Michael van Gerwen||6|
|Kim Huybrechts||6||Kim Huybrechts||3|
|Christian Kist||2||Michael van Gerwen 95.64||6|
|Dean Winstanley||6||Dean Winstanley 94.95||1|
|Gary Anderson||5||Dean Winstanley||6|
|Raymond van Barneveld||6||Raymond van Barneveld||4|
Players Championship 3 in Crawley on 22 March.
|Terry Jenkins||4||Phil Taylor||6|
|Nigel Heydon||6||Nigel Heydon||0|
|Ronnie Baxter||2||Phil Taylor 101.96||5|
|Christian Kist||6||Gary Anderson 105.81||6|
|James Wade||3||Christian Kist||5|
|Gary Anderson||6||Gary Anderson||6|
Players Championship 4 in Crawley on 23 March.
|Stephen Bunting||4||Magnus Caris||4|
|Ian White||6||Ian White||6|
|Dave Chisnall||2||Ian White 87.89||0|
|Phil Taylor||6||Phil Taylor 104.86||6|
|Michael Smith||1||Phil Taylor||6|
|Mervyn King||6||Mervyn King||2|
Players Championship 5 in Wigan on 12 April.
|Mervyn King||4||James Hubbard||1|
|Brendan Dolan||6||Brendan Dolan||6|
|Dean Winstanley||5||Brendan Dolan 103.66||6|
|Gary Anderson||6||Michael Smith 87.43||0|
|James Wade||2||Gary Anderson||4|
|Michael Smith||6||Michael Smith||6|
|Raymond van Barneveld||3|
Players Championship 6 in Wigan on 13 April.
|Richie Burnett||5||Robert Thornton||6|
|Phil Taylor||6||Phil Taylor||4|
|Raymond van Barneveld||4||Robert Thornton 95.32||6|
|Ian White||6||Ian White 96.38||5|
|Vincent van der Voort||1||Ian White||6|
|Kyle Anderson||6||Kyle Anderson||1|
Players Championship 7 in Wigan on 3 May.
|Jelle Klaasen||1||Gary Anderson||3|
|Robert Thornton||6||Robert Thornton||6|
|Kim Huybrechts||5||Robert Thornton 101.92||6|
|Keegan Brown||6||Keegan Brown 88.27||5|
|Ben Ward||1||Keegan Brown||6|
|Peter Wright||6||Peter Wright||5|
Players Championship 8 in Wigan on 4 May.
|Ian White||5||Stephen Bunting||2|
|Robert Thornton||6||Robert Thornton||6|
|Darren Webster||3||Robert Thornton 106.56||6|
|Terry Jenkins||6||Terry Jenkins 105.85||4|
|Andrew Gilding||4||Terry Jenkins||6|
|Simon Whitlock||6||Simon Whitlock||1|
Players Championship 9 in Crawley on 24 May.
|Benito van de Pas||6|
|Mervyn King||1||Benito van de Pas||5|
|Justin Pipe||6||Justin Pipe||6|
|Connie Finnan||3||Justin Pipe 85.36||2|
|Jamie Caven||6||Peter Wright 94.82||6|
|Gary Anderson||4||Jamie Caven||2|
|Peter Wright||6||Peter Wright||6|
Players Championship 10 in Crawley on 25 May.
|Darren Webster||5||Stephen Bunting||6|
|Justin Pipe||6||Justin Pipe||4|
|Ronnie Baxter||5||Stephen Bunting 94.48||3|
|Andy Hamilton||6||Terry Jenkins 92.60||6|
|Tony Newell||2||Andy Hamilton||5|
|Terry Jenkins||6||Terry Jenkins||6|
Players Championship 11 in Coventry on 14 June.
|Dean Winstanley||5||Ronny Huybrechts||4|
|Robert Thornton||6||Robert Thornton||6|
|Ronnie Baxter||2||Robert Thornton 92.79||2|
|Gary Anderson||6||Gary Anderson 100.97||6|
|Terry Temple||0||Gary Anderson||6|
|Joe Cullen||6||Joe Cullen||3|
|Benito van de Pas||3|
Players Championship 12 in Coventry on 15 June.
|Michael van Gerwen||6|
|Stuart Kellett||1||Michael van Gerwen||4|
|James Wade||6||James Wade||6|
|Dave Chisnall||5||James Wade 88.82||3|
|Simon Whitlock||6||Simon Whitlock 99.27||6|
|Ian White||5||Simon Whitlock||6|
|Brendan Dolan||6||Brendan Dolan||5|
UK Open Qualifiers
|1||Friday 7 February||Robin Park Tennis Centre, Wigan||Andy Hamilton||6–2||Adrian Lewis|||
|2||Saturday 8 February||Stephen Bunting||6–5||Andrew Gilding|||
|3||Sunday 9 February||Phil Taylor||6–2||Adrian Lewis|||
|4||Friday 21 February||Brendan Dolan||6–1||Jamie Lewis|||
|5||Saturday 22 February||Gary Anderson||6–2||Robert Thornton|||
|6||Sunday 23 February||Michael van Gerwen||6–0||Michael Smith|||
European Tour events will have 48 players competing this year instead of the 64 previously used. The top 16 on the one year Pro Tour Order of Merit will enter each tournament at the last 32 stage. Twenty players from the UK Qualifier, eight from the European Qualifier and four from the Host Nation Qualifier in each event will meet in the first round with the 16 winners going on to face the 16 seeded players.
There are eight European Tour events this year:
|No.||Date||Also known as the||Venue||Winner||Score||Runner-up||Ref.|
|1||31 January–2 February||German Darts Championship||Hildesheim, Halle 39||Gary Anderson||6–5||Justin Pipe|||
|2||14–16 February||Dutch Darts Masters||Veldhoven, NH Hotel Koningshof||Michael van Gerwen||6–4||Mervyn King|||
|3||19–21 April||German Darts Masters||Berlin, Maritim Hotel||Phil Taylor||6–4||Michael van Gerwen|||
|4||20–22 June||Austrian Darts Open||Salzburg, Salzburg Arena||Vincent van der Voort||6–5||Jamie Caven|||
|5||27–29 June||Gibraltar Darts Trophy||Gibraltar, Victoria Stadium||James Wade||6–4||Steve Beaton|||
|6||11–13 July||European Darts Open||Düsseldorf||Peter Wright||6–2||Simon Whitlock|||
|7||5–7 September||European Darts Grand Prix||Sindelfingen|
|8||19–21 September||European Darts Trophy||Leipzig|
PDC Youth Tour
The PDC Unicorn Youth Tour is open to players aged 16–21. The players who finish first and second on the Order of Merit will receive two-year Tour Cards to move onto the PDC ProTour in 2015 and 2016. In addition, the players who finish from third to eighth will receive free entry to the 2015 PDC Qualifying School.
|1||Saturday 1 March||Nick Kenny||4–2||Josh Payne|||
|2||Lewis Venes||4–1||Josh Payne|||
|3||Saturday 29 March||Mike Zuydwijk||4–0||James Hubbard|||
|4||Saturday 5 April||Dimitri van den Bergh||4–2||Shaun Narain|||
|5||Saturday 26 April||Sam Hewson||4–0||John de Kruijf|||
|6||George Killington||4–2||Max Hopp|||
|7||Saturday 17 May||Dimitri van den Bergh||4–3||Adam Hunt|||
|8||James Hubbard||4–2||Reece Robinson|||
|9||Saturday 31 May||Adam Hunt||4–3||Rowby-John Rodriguez|||
|10||Nick Kenny||4–1||Sam Hewson|||
|11||Saturday 5 July||Dean Reynolds||4–2||Max Hopp|||
|12||Reece Robinson||4–2||Dimitri van den Bergh|||
|13||Saturday 27 September|
|15||Saturday 8 November|
PDC Challenge Tour
The PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour will be open to all PDPA Associate Members who fail to win a Tour Card at Qualifying School. The players who finish first and second will receive two-year Tour Cards to move onto the PDC ProTour in 2015 and 2016. In addition, the players who finish from third to eighth will receive free entry to the 2015 PDC Qualifying School.
|1||Sunday 2 March||Jamie Robinson||5–4||Matthew Edgar|||
|2||Ron Meulenkamp||5–4||Alan Tabern|||
|3||Sunday 30 March||Alan Tabern||5–4||Ian McFarlane|||
|4||Sunday 6 April||Matthew Edgar||5–4||Mark Frost|||
|5||Sunday 27 April||Colin Fowler||5–2||Mark Frost|||
|6||Colin Fowler||5–2||Matt Clark|||
|7||Sunday 18 May||Alex Roy||5–4||Mark Lawrence|||
|8||Alan Tabern||5–3||Dave Honey|||
|9||Sunday 1 June||Alan Tabern||5–0||Luke Woodhouse|||
|10||Jay Foreman||5–4||Max Hopp|||
|11||Sunday 6 July||Mark Frost||5–2||Jamie Robinson|||
|12||Brett Claydon||5–4||Aden Kirk|||
|13||Sunday 28 September|
|15||Sunday 9 November|
The Scandinavian Pro Tour will have eight events this year, with a total of €40,000 on offer. The leader of the Order of Merit after six events will qualify for the 2014 European Championship. The winner after all eight events will play in the 2015 World Championship.
|No.||Date||Also known as||Venue||Winner||Legs||Runner-Up||Ref.|
|1||Saturday 1 March||Pro Tour Weekend 1 – Finland||Hotel Tallukka, Vaasky, Finland||Vesa Nuutinen||6–1||Uki Takkinen|||
|2||Saturday 1 March||Ulf Ceder||6–2||Jarkko Komula|||
|3||Sunday 2 March||Jani Haavisto||6–4||Ali Roberts|||
|4||Saturday 26 April||Pro Tour Weekend 2 – Sweden||Stockholm, Sweden||Jani Haavisto||6–3||Jarkko Komula|||
|5||Saturday 26 April||Marko Kantele||6–4||Jarkko Komula|||
|6||Sunday 27 April||Jarkko Komula||6–3||Sami Sanssi|||
|7||Saturday 30 August||Pro Tour Weekend 3 – Denmark||Park Inn Copenhagen Airport, Copenhagen, Denmark|
|8||Saturday 30 August|
|9||Saturday 31 August||SDC European Championship Qualifier|
Australian Grand Prix Pro Tour
The Australian Grand Prix rankings are calculated from events across Australia. The top player in the rankings automatically qualifies for the 2015 World Championship.
|No.||Date||Also known as||Winner||Legs||Runner-Up||Ref.|
|1||Saturday 1 February||Mittagong RSL Open 1||John Weber||6–5||Shane Tichowitsch|
|2||Sunday 2 February||Mittagong RSL Open 2||Shane Tichowitsch||6–3||Bill Aitken|
|3||Saturday 8 March||Dosh Perth Open 1||Lawrence Ryder||6–1||Tic Bridge|
|4||Sunday 9 March||Dosh Perth Open 2||David Platt||6–4||Lawrence Ryder|
|5||Saturday 29 March||Victoria Open 1||Laurence Ryder||6-5||David Platt|
|6||Sunday 30 March||Victoria Open 2||Rob Modra||6-5||Tic Bridge|
|7||Saturday 11 April||NDDA Open 1||Shane Tichowitsch||6-1||Lindsay Wells|
|8||Sunday 12 April||NDDA Open 2||Shane Tichowitsch||6-5||Laurence Ryder|
|9||Saturday 17 May||Russell Stewart Classic||David Platt||6-2||Rob Modra|
|10||Sunday 18 May||DPA Australian Matchplay||Rob Modra||6-1||Laurence Ryder|
|11||Saturday 20 June||Kirribilli Club Open 1||Laurence Ryder||6-4||David Platt|
|12||Sunday 21 June||Kirribilli Club Open 2||Tic Bridge||6-3||David Platt|
|13||Saturday 18 July||Southern Illawarra Open 1|
|14||Sunday 19 July||Southern Illawarra Open 2|
|15||Saturday 20 July||Southern Illawarra Open 3|
|16||Sunday 3 August||Dosh Perth Open 4|
|17||Sunday 24 August||Sydney Masters Qualifier 1|
|18||Monday 25 August||Sydney Masters Qualifier 2|
|19||Tuesday 26 August||Sydney Masters Qualifier 3|
|20||Wednesday 27 August||Oceanic Masters|
Other PDC tournaments
The PDC will also hold a number of other tournaments during 2014. These are mainly smaller events with low prize money, and some have eligibility restrictions. All of these tournaments are non-ranking.
|July 13||PDC World New Zealand Qualifying Event||Mark McGrath||11–6||Jonathan Silcock|||
|August 27||Oceanic Masters|
|September 28||South African Masters|
|September 28||PDC World South Asian Qualifying Event|
|October 12||Tom Kirby Memorial Irish Matchplay|
|October 19||PDC World Philippines Qualifying Event|
|October 25||PDC World China Qualifying Event|
|November 2||Bull's Super League Darts Iberia|
|November 2||PDJ Japanese Qualifier|
|November 9||PDC World West European Qualifying Event|
|November 15||Bull's Super League Germany|
|November 15||Bull's Super League Eastern Europe|
|November 24||PDC World Darts Championship PDPA Qualifier|
- "PDC Prize Fund Increases Confirmed". PDC. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Qualifying School Day One". PDC. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Qualifying School: Kyle Anderson first of four to qualify". Sky Sports. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Qualifying School Day Two". PDC. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "German ace Tomas Seyler was joined by three new PDC Tour Card Holders". Sky Sports. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Qualifying School Day Three". PDC. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Gary Stone, Matt Padgett, Robert Owen and Tony Newell win PDC Tour cards". Sky Sports. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Qualifying School Day Four". PDC. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "PDC Qualifying School: Cards for Steve West, Nigel Heydon, Joe Murnan and Jason Hogg". Sky Sports. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Tour Card Holders Confirmed". PDC. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Anderson Wins Third Title Of The Year". PDC. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Van Gerwen Victorious in Barnsley". PDC. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Anderson Pips Taylor In Crawley". PDC. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Imperious Taylor's Crawley Triumph". PDC. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "Dolan Wins Second Title Of The Year". PDC. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "Thornton Triumphs In Wigan". PDC. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Thornton Denies Brown In Wigan". PDC. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Thornton Claims Fantastic Wigan Double". PDC. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Wright wins in Crawley". PDC. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Jenkins Returns To Winners' Circle". PDC. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Brilliant Anderson Storms To Victory In Coventry". PDC. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "Whitlock Triumphs In Coventry". PDC. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "Long Wait For Hamilton Ends". PDC. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Bunting Wins First Pro Tour Title". PDC. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Taylor Wins With Two Perfect Nine's!". PDC. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Dolan Takes Qualifier Four In Wigan". PDC. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Anderson Storms To Qualifier Five Win". PDC. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Van Gerwen Dominant In Wigan". PDC. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "European Tour Event & Entry Info". PDC. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Anderson Edges Pipe For German Win". PDC. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Mighty Mike Claims Dutch Masters Win". PDC. 16 February 2014.
- "Brilliant Taylor's German Masters Triumph". PDC. 24 April 2014.
- "Gutsy van der Voort's Austrian Joy". PDC. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- "Superb Wade Wins Gibraltar Darts Trophy". PDC. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Wright Tastes European Tour Glory". PDC. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Youth Tour Wins For Kenny And Venes". PDC. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Zuydwijk Storms To Maiden Youth Title". PDC. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Youth Tour Win For Belgian Ace". PDC. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Maiden Wins for Hewson & Killington". PDC. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Youth Wins For Van Den Bergh And Hubbard". PDC. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "Youth Wins For Van Den Bergh And Hubbard". PDC. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Reynolds & Robinson Seal Youth Wins". PDC. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Wins For Robinson And Meulenkamp". PDC. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Tabern Claims Challenge Tour Win". PDC. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Challenge Tour Victory For Edgar". PDC. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Memorable Double For Fowler". PDC. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Challenge Tour Wins For Roy & Tabern". PDC. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Challenger Joy For Tabern And Foreman". PDC. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Challenge Tour Wins For Frost & Claydon". PDC. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Haavisto Among Opening SDC Winners". PDC. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "Finnish Trio Enjoy Sweden Wins". PDC. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "World Championship Debut For McGrath". PDC. Retrieved 14 July 2014.