2014 Renault Clio Cup United Kingdom season
|2014 Renault UK Clio Cup season|
|2014 ToCA Support series:
2014 British Formula Ford Championship
2014 Ginetta Junior Championship
2014 Ginetta GT4 Supercup
2014 Porsche Carrera Cup GB
The 2014 Courier Connections Renault UK Clio Cup is a multi-event, one make motor racing championship held across England. The championship features a mix of professional motor racing teams and privately funded drivers competing in the new Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo EDC that conform to the technical regulations for the championship. It forms part of the extensive program of support categories built up around the BTCC centerpiece after signing a three year extension to be on the package until the end of 2016.
This season will be the 19th Renault Clio Cup United Kingdom season.
The championship will introduce the brand new Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo EDC as used in the Renault Clio Eurocup, replacing the older Clio Renaultsport 200. The new car features a 1.6-litre turbo-powered Renault engine, producing 220hp, an increase of 15hp from 2012. The cars will also have a sequential six-speed gearbox with paddle-shift gear change.
Teams and drivers
Race calendar and results
The provisional calendar was announced by the championship organisers on 23 September 2013. The championship will expand to nine double header race meetings making an 18 round season, up from 16 in 2012. The series will once again travel to Scottish Knockhill Racing Circuit for the first time since 2010. Originally, it was announced that the Silverstone Circuit would return after a one year hiatus, with the series missing the round at Thruxton Circuit. However, organisers released a revised calendar with the Thruxton round reinstated and the Silverstone round dropped, due to a date clash with the 2014 Eurocup Clio.
|Round||Circuit||Date||Pole position||Fastest lap||Winning driver||Winning team|
|1||R1|| Brands Hatch
(Indy Circuit, Kent)
|29 March||Alex Morgan||Paul Rivett||Alex Morgan||SV Racing|
|R2||30 March||Alex Morgan||Mike Bushell||Alex Morgan||SV Racing|
|2||R3|| Donington Park
(National Circuit, Leicestershire)
|20 April||Josh Cook||Mike Bushell||Josh Cook||SV Racing with KX|
|R4||Jordan Stilp||Jordan Stilp||Josh Cook||SV Racing with KX|
|3||R5|| Thruxton Circuit
|4 May||Lee Pattison||Lee Pattison||Mike Bushell||Team Pyro|
|R6||Mike Bushell||Mike Bushell||James Colburn||Westbourne Motorsport|
|4||R7|| Oulton Park
(International Circuit, Cheshire)
|7 June||Ant Whorton-Eales||Josh Cook||Josh Cook||SV Racing with KX|
|R8||8 June||Ant Whorton-Eales||Mike Bushell||James Colburn||Westbourne Motorsport|
|5||R9|| Croft Circuit
|29 June||Jordan Stilp||Jordan Stilp||Jordan Stilp||20Ten Racing|
|R10||Jordan Stilp||Jordan Stilp||Jordan Stilp||20Ten Racing|
|6||R11|| Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit
(300 Circuit, Norfolk)
|2 August||Mike Bushell||Mike Bushell||Josh Cook||SV Racing with KX|
|R12||3 August||Mike Bushell||Mike Bushell||Josh Cook||SV Racing with KX|
|7||R13|| Knockhill Racing Circuit
|23 August||Mike Bushell||Ash Hand||Mike Bushell||VitalRacing with Team Pyro|
|R14||24 August||Mike Bushell||Ash Hand||Jordan Stilp||20Ten Racing|
|8||R15|| Rockingham Motor Speedway
(International Super Sports Car Circuit, Northamptonshire)
|6 September||Mike Bushell||Mike Bushell||Mike Bushell||VitalRacing with Team Pyro|
|R16||7 September||Josh Cook||Josh Cook||Mike Bushell||VitalRacing with Team Pyro|
|9||R17|| Brands Hatch
(Grand Prix Circuit, Kent)
Bold – Pole
- "Renault UK announces new three-year TOCA contract". Renault Sport UK (Renault Sport). 7 June 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- Woodcock, Josh. "New Renault Clio Cup racer for 2013". Autocar (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- Dobie, Stephen (26 April 2013). "New Renault Clio Cup racer UK debut". Evo (Dennis Publishing). Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Technical Specification". Renault Sport UK (Renault Sport). Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "New Clio Cup cars ready for 2014 championship". Renault Sport UK (Renault Sport). 3 January 2014. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Smith Joins Reigning champions team pyro for 2014". Rob Smith Motorsport. 24 January 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Paice, Simon (13 January 2014). "Colburn Returns For 2014 Clio Title Challenge". The Checkered Flag (Black Eagle Media Network). Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "First batch of fourth generation racing Clios sold for 2014 season". Renault Sport UK (Renault Sport). 23 August 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Paice, Simon (10 March 2014). "Pattison Confirmed at JHR for Clio Title Charge". The Checkered Flag (Black Eagle Media Network). Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- Paice, Simon (13 March 2014). "1993 Renault Champion Howard Enters Clio Cup". The Checkered Flag (Black Eagle Media Network). Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Paice, Simon (21 January 2014). "Milner Joins Cook At 20Ten Racing". The Checkered Flag (Black Eagle Media Network). Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- Paice, Simon (10 March 2014). "Stlip Joins Forces with 20Ten for Clio Cup Return". The Checkered Flag (Black Eagle Media Network). Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Clio Cup to return to Knockhill as part of expanded 2014 calendar". Renault Sport UK (Renault Sport). 23 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Ashby, Chris (17 November 2013). "Thruxton Replaces Silverstone In Clio Cup". BTCC Crazy (James Mappin). Retrieved 31 December 2013.
|This article about a sporting event is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|