2014 World Lacrosse Championship
The 2014 FIL World Lacrosse Championship will be held July 10–19, 2014 in Commerce City, Colorado, at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, home of the Colorado Rapids soccer team. 38 nations are scheduled to participate over 142 games. The countries with the top six rankings - Australia, Canada, England, Iroquois, Japan, and the United States - will complete in the Blue Division; the top four teams in this division will advance to the quarterfinals or semifinals automatically.
Belgium, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Israel, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, and Uganda will all be competing in the event for the first time.
World Lacrosse Festival
A FIL World Lacrosse Festival is once again being run alongside the FIL World Championships and is open to boys' and men's lacrosse teams from around the world to participate in the youth and master's divisions of the Festival.
Full-event ticket packages are divided into gold, silver and bronze packages. Each package includes access to 142 world championship games, the opening ceremony and the closing ceremony, the International Village and the Vendor Village. Four days of the event will be played in the 18,000-seat stadium at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, and two turf fields will include grandstand seating. Tickets are required for all world championship games at the park, both games in the stadium and games at the surrounding fields.
- Gold: $240; Midfield reserved seating for all stadium games in East and West stands. Guaranteed bleacher seating for Main Turf Field games. General admission access for all other fields.
- Silver: $190; Reserved seating for all stadium games in East and West stands. General admission access for all other fields.
- Bronze: $140; Reserved seating for all stadium games either in corners, or in South and North stands (end zone). General admission access for all other fields.
Partial-event ticket packages are expected to go on sale 12 June 2014, but only if full-event packages are not sold out.
- Championship Weekend: Includes all games on July 17-18-19, including the semifinals in the stadium on Thursday, July 17, the championship game and closing ceremony on Saturday, July 19. Gold: $174, Silver: $144, Bronze: $94.
- Opening Night: Includes the opening ceremony on Thursday, July 10, followed by the U.S. - Canada round-robin game. Gold: $85, Silver: $65, Bronze: $50.
- Blue Division Stadium Doubleheader: Includes all 18 games on Friday, July 11, including a doubleheader in the stadium featuring Australia-Japan and England-Iroquois Nationals. Gold: $50, Silver: $40, Bronze: $30.
- Single Day Non-Stadium Games: Includes up to 19 games per day for the dates not played in the stadium - July 12, July 13, July 14, July 15, July 16 and July 18. General Admission: $30.
For the pool play phase of the tournament, nations are separated into nine groups.
|10 July 2014|
|11 July 2014|
|12 July 2014|
|13 July 2014|
|14 July 2014|
China, Italy, Netherlands, Norway
Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Poland, Turkey
Israel, Republic of Korea, Slovakia, Sweden
Argentina, New Zealand, Russia, Wales
Austria, Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong
Colombia, Finland, Mexico, Spain
Latvia, Scotland, Switzerland, Thailand
Bermuda, France, Ireland, Uganda
- Federation of International Lacrosse, the unified governing body for world lacrosse founded in 2008
- World Lacrosse Championship
- "Schedule Released for FIL World Championship". March 4, 2014. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Record Field for 2014 FIL World Championship". March 4, 2014. Retrieved March 24, 2014.