2014 in Italy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
Events in the year 2014 in Italy.
- 15 January - Italy says that it will use the Italian Army against the mafia who are accused of dumping toxic waste in Naples.
- 25 January - A vial containing drops of late Pope John Paul II's blood is stolen from the Church of San Pietro della Ienca in Abruzzo.
- 14 February – Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta resigns after pressure from his own Democratic Party to step down.
- 12 April – An anti-austerity protest in Rome turns violent, 80 people being injured in clashes between angry protesters and riot police.
- Laura Smith-Spark, Barbie Latza Nadeau, Hada Messia (14 February 2014). "Italy's Prime Minister Enrico Letta resigns". CNN.
- "Enrico Letta to resign: Italy faces its third administration in a year". Euronews. 14 February 2014.
- "Violence as thousands march in Rome against austerity". RT. 12 April 2014.
- "Anti-austerity protest in Rome, Italy turns violent". CTV News. 12 April 2014.