2014 in rail transport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in rail transport
2013 in rail transport
2014 in rail transport
2015 in rail transport
This article lists events related to rail transport that are currently scheduled to occur in 2014. Please be aware that the actual dates that these events occur on may differ substantially from what is shown here.
- – Carl Ice will assume position as CEO of BNSF Railway on January 1, 2014, replacing the former CEO Matt Rose, who will assume position as Chief Operating Officer.
- 2 January – Canadian Pacific Railway announces the sale of 660 miles (1,060 km) of their Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern subsidiary to Genesee & Wyoming, who will operate it as the Rapid City, Pierre and Eastern Railroad. The sale, expected to close in mid-2014, includes the mainline from Tracy, Minnesota to Rapid City, South Dakota plus some branch lines.
- – Reopening of Saint Paul Union Depot in Minnesota to regularly scheduled train traffic. The depot last saw trains on 30 April 1971, the day before Amtrak began operation.
- – June 14 - Expected opening of the Green Line light rail service in Minneapolis–Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- – Virgin Trains' Intercity West Coast franchise expires.
- – First Group's ScotRail franchise, First ScotRail, expires.
- – Expected opening of the 7 Subway Extension and 34th Street Station.
Unknown date events
- – West Island Line is expected to be operated by the end of 2014.
- – Marina South MRT Station of the Marina Bay extension is expected to be completed.
- – North South MRT Line 1 km extension scheduled to open.
- – Expected opening of the Honam High Speed Railway as far as Gwangju.
- – Expected opening of the Panama Metro in Panama City, Panama; it will occur during the spring.
- – Expected opening of the WMATA Silver Line to Wiehle – Reston East.
- "Canadian Pacific to sell west end of its Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern line to Genesee & Wyoming" (Press release). Canadian Pacific Railway. 2014-01-02. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Canadian Pacific reaches deal to sell western part of DM&E rail line". The Globe and Mail. The Canadian Press. 2014-01-02. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Electric Trains - Questions". Auckland Transport. Retrieved 1 Jan 2014.
- http://www.metrotransit.org/metro-system. Missing or empty
- "June14, 2014: Grand opening for METRO Green Line" (Press release). Metropolitan Council. January 22, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- Osborne, Alistair; Thomas, Nathalie (5 Dec 2012). "Two-year extension for Virgin Rail after West Coast chaos". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 1 Jan 2013.
- "Scotrail franchise extended until 2014". Holyrood. Retrieved 9 Nov 2011.[dead link]
- "COS 2012: Land Transport Updates". Ministry of Transpore. 7 Mar 2012.
- "Honam high speed line signalling contract awarded". Railway Gazette International. 8 Aug 2012. Retrieved 6 Dec 2012.