2014 in the Palestinian territories
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2013)|
|2014 in the Palestinian territories|
|Years:||2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017|
|See also:||Other events of 2014
List of years in the State of Palestine
Timeline of the region of Palestine
Events in the year 2014 in the State of Palestine.
State of Palestine (UN observer non-member State)
- President – Mahmoud Abbas (PLO)
Gaza Strip (Hamas administration unrecognized by UN)
- 10 March - Death of Raed Zeiter takes place, with international attention given to the incident.
- 23 April – Signing of the Fatah–Hamas Gaza Agreement occurs, with elections to occur soon.
- 2 June – Palestinian unity government was formed.
- 12 June – Three Israeli teenagers were kidnapped and killed in the West Bank.
- 2 July - Murder of Mohammed Abu Khdeir, followed by days of rioting in Shu'fat (East Jerusalem).
- 8 July - Operation Protective Edge begins, with the Israeli military sending soldiers into the Gaza Strip