|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2012 2013 2014 – 2015 – 2016 2017 2018|
|Ab urbe condita||2768|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)
4711 or 4651
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
4712 or 4652
|- Vikram Samvat||2071–2072|
|- Shaka Samvat||1937–1938|
|- Kali Yuga||5116–5117|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 27
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 104
|Thai solar calendar||2558|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2015.|
2015 (MMXV) will be a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2015th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 15th year of the 3rd millennium, the 15th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2010s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – Lithuania will officially adopt the euro currency and will become the nineteenth Eurozone country.
- January 4–26 – The 2015 AFC Asian Cup will be hosted by Australia.
- The ESA and NASA plan to launch the LISA Pathfinder spacecraft.
- July 14 – NASA's New Horizons spacecraft is expected to fly by Pluto and Charon and explore the area for five months, until the distance becomes too great. New Horizons will then enter the Kuiper belt and eventually leave the Solar System.
- September 10 - If still reigning, Queen Elizabeth II will surpass Queen Victoria as Britain's longest-serving monarch.
- September 13 – A partial solar eclipse will occur.
- September 18 – October 31 – The 2015 Rugby World Cup will be hosted in England.
- The 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup will be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
- The new World Trade Center site in New York City is estimated to be completed by 2015, including 1 World Trade Center, 200 Greenwich Street, 175 Greenwich Street, 150 Greenwich Street, 130 Liberty Street, and the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
- The United States and South Korea will dissolve the post-Korean War Combined Forces Command.
- The hosting nation for the 2022 Winter Olympics will be announced by the IOC.
- The first phase of Abu Dhabi's Masdar City is scheduled to be completed. Its goal is to be the world's first fully sustainable, zero-carbon, and zero-waste city.
- Cloud computing may contribute to the creation of two million computerized jobs worldwide by 2015.
- 2015 is the target date for the establishment of the Eurasian Union between Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and possibly Tajikistan.
- China's Tiangong-3 space station is scheduled to be launched in 2015.
- Scotland intends to generate 50% of its electricity from renewables by 2015.
- "Runaround" (1941), a science fiction short story by Isaac Asimov, is set in this year.
- The Carbon Diaries: 2015 (2009), a teenage diary series about climate change, is set in this year.
Computer and video games
- Star Control (1990): The Small War of 2015 takes place, in which many of humanity's nuclear weapons are used.
- Doom (1993): The Union Aerospace Corporation is founded in 2015.
- Jetfighter 2015 (2005).
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (2007).
- Ninja Blade (2009).
- MAG: Massive Action Game (2010): The war between Valor, Raven and S.V.E.R. starts in 2015.
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (2011).
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012): The events of the game begin in March 2015.
- Stunt Race/Wild Tracks (TBA) - Stunt Race FX
- Firebird 2015 AD (1981).
- Back to the Future Part II (1989): Dr. Emmett Brown, Marty McFly, and Jennifer Parker time travel to October 21 of this year. Lawyers are abolished, automated clothing is in vogue and people travel in flying cars and on hoverboards.
- Event Horizon (1997): The first permanent colony is said to be established on the Moon in 2015.
- The 6th Day (2000).
- Shank (2010).
- Underworld: Awakening (2012).
- FlashForward (2010): On the show Future Shock (FlashForward) at the end has "Happy New Year 2015" on a sign in a montage in the second blackout.
- Defenders of the Earth (1986).
- Future GPX Cyber Formula (1991).
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995–1996): The main events of the series take place in this year.
- Space: Above and Beyond (1995–1996): Aerospace and defense supplier Aero-Tech is founded.
- FRINGE (2008–2013): The Purge occurs and The Observers take control of Earth.
- .hack: A fire occurs at the main CC Corp building in 2015, resulting in a large loss of data and forcing original version of the online game known as The World to be shut down and replaced with The World: R2.
- "NASA – Dawn at a Glance". NASA. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- "New Horizons". NASA. Updated August 24, 2012. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- Bandow, Doug (December 5, 2011). "Why Doesn't South Korea Defend The United States?". Forbes. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- Cox, Johnathan (March 6, 2012). "Cloud Computer May Bring Millions of Jobs". Amazing News. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Russia sees union with Belarus and Kazakhstan by 2015". BBC. November 18, 2011. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "China Details Ambitious Space Station Goals". Space.com. March 7, 2011. Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- "Scotland aims for 50% renewable power by 2015". Positive News. February 11, 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- About. DoomRPG.com. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- "Firebird 2015 AD (1981)". IMDb. Retrieved July 10, 2013.