From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2012 2013 2014 – 2015 – 2016 2017 2018|
|Ab urbe condita||2768|
|British Regnal year||63 Eliz. 2 – 64 Eliz. 2|
— to —乙未年十一月廿一日
|- Vikram Samvat||2071–2072|
|- Shaka Samvat||1937–1938|
|- Kali Yuga||5116–5117|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||1015–1016|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 27
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 104
|Thai solar calendar||2558|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 2015|
2015 (MMXV) will be a common year starting on Thursday. In the Gregorian calendar, it is the 2015th year in the Common Era (or Anno Domini), the 15th year of the 3rd millennium and 21st century, and the 6th of the 2010s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events 
- July 1 – Earth, Venus, and Jupiter will be aligned.
- July 14 – NASA's New Horizons spacecraft is expected to fly by Pluto and Charon at 50,000 kilometers per hour and explore the area for five months, until the distance becomes too great. New Horizons will then enter the Kuiper belt and eventually leave the Solar System.
- September 13 – Partial solar eclipse.
- September 18 – October 31 – 2015 Rugby World Cup hosted in England.
- October 25 – The expected return of the Comet 22P/Kopff.
- Planned launch of the Astrobotic Technology Moon mission.
Date unknown 
- 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup will be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
- The entire World Trade Center site is estimated to be completed by 2015, including 1 World Trade Center, 200 Greenwich Street, 175 Greenwich Street, 150 Greenwich Street, 130 Liberty Street, and the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
- The United States and South Korea will dissolve the Combined Forces Command.
- The United States Navy will commission USS Gerald R. Ford, the first ship in a new class of supercarriers.
- The winning nation for the 2022 Winter Olympics will be announced by the IOC.
- The Voyager 1 space probe will reach the heliopause.
- The first phase of Masdar City is scheduled to be completed. Its goal is to be the world's first fully sustainable, zero-carbon, and zero-waste city.
- Cloud computing may contribute to the creation of two million computerized jobs worldwide by this year.
- Target date for the establishment of the Eurasian Union between Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and possibly Tajikistan.
- China's Tiangong 3 space station to be launched.
- Scotland will generate 50% of its electricity from renewables.
- Proposed launch of the Chandrayaan-2 lunar exploration mission.
- Planned launch of LISA Pathfinder.
In fiction 
- "Runaround", a short story by Isaac Asimov, is set in this year.
- The Carbon Diaries: 2015, a teenage diary series about climate change is set in this year.
Computer and video games 
- Doom: The Union Aerospace Corporation is founded by Thomas Kelliher.
- Star Control: The Small War of 2015 takes place, a war where many of humanity's nuclear weapons were used, and resolved in the isolations of the weapons. It is called the "small war" because it could have been much worse.
- Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass are set in this year.
- "Jetfighter 2015" (2005)
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation: The first Ace Combat installment for the Xbox 360. The game takes place on the Anean continent in a war between Emmeria and Estovakia.
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon: Another Ace Combat installment for the Xbox 360 as well as PS3, it follows the story of a U.S Air Force/NATO colonel and takes place in the real world in a war between the United States and NATO against a rebel force in Africa, Russian coup forces and a mercenary ace driven to revenge for the death of his wife.
- MAG: Massive Action Game: The event of the war between Valor, Raven and S.V.E.R starts in 2015.
- Ninja Blade: The events takes place somewhere in 2015.
- "Firebird 2015 AD" (1981)
- Back to the Future Part II (1989): Dr. Emmett Brown, Marty McFly, and Jennifer Parker time travel to October 21 of this year. Lawyers are abolished, automated clothing is in vogue, innovations in entertainment and food technology have been made and people travel in flying cars and on hoverboards.
- Event Horizon (1997): The first permanent colony will be established on the Moon.
- The 6th Day (2000)
- Underworld: Awakening
- Shank (2010)
- Set in 2015:
- FlashForward (2010): On the show Future Shock (FlashForward) at the end has "Happy New Year 2015" on a sign in a montage in the second blackout.
- Defenders of the Earth (1986)
- Future GPX Cyber Formula (1991): Hayato Kazami becomes the youngest driver ever in Cyber formula with Sugo Grand Prix.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995–1996): The main events of the series take place in this year.
- Space: Above and Beyond (1995–1996): Aerospace and defense supplier Aero-Tech is founded.
- FRINGE (2008-2013): The Purge occurs and The Observers take control of Earth.
Media franchises 
- .hack: A fire occurs at the main CC Corp building, resulting in a large loss of data forcing The World to shut down. By splicing in data from what would have been another game, CC Corp is able to rebuild the game system, thus creating The World:R2.
- "NASA - Dawn at a Glance" NASA. Retrieved October 12, 2011
- Bandow, Doug. Forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/dougbandow/2011/12/05/why-doesnt-south-korea-defend-the-united-states/
|url=missing title (help).
- Cox, Johnathan (March 2012). "Cloud Computer May Bring Millions of Jobs". Amazing News. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Russia sees union with Belarus and Kazakhstan by 2015". BBC. November 18, 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "China Details Ambitious Space Station Goals". Space.com. 2011-03-07. Retrieved 2012-01-26.