2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference
The United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP21 or CMP11 will be held in Paris, France in 2015. The international climate conference will be held at the Le Bourget site from 30 November to 11 December 2015. This will be the 21st yearly session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 21) to the 1992 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the 11th session of the Meeting of the Parties (CMP 11) to the 1997 Kyoto Protocol. The conference objective is to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate, from all the nations of the world. Leadership of the negotiations is yet to be determined.
While the 2014 conference is the next in the annual series, Ban Ki-moon has directed more attention toward this 2015 conference in Paris. A statement made by Ban Ki-moon forecast the climate change summit to be held in September 2014 and the Paris conference, but made no reference to the 2014 conference in Lima.
According to the organizing committee, the objective of the 2015 conference is to achieve, for the first time in over 20 years of UN negotiations, a binding and universal agreement on climate, from all the nations of the world.
Location and participation
- Post–Kyoto Protocol negotiations on greenhouse gas emissions
- Politics of global warming
- IPCC Fifth Assessment Report
- France confirmed as host of 2015 Climate Conference (22.11.13)
- "19th Session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC". International Institute for Sustainable Development. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Statement by Ban Ki-moon at World Economic Forum in Davos". United Nations New Centre. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Issues and reasons behind the French offer to host the 21st Conference of the Parties on Climate Change 2015". Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 22 May 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "France confirmed as host of 2015 Climate Conference". Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 22 November 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Schedule of Events". United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Retrieved 12 November 2013.