2016 in rail transport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in rail transport
2015 in rail transport
2016 in rail transport
2017 in rail transport
This article lists events related to rail transport that are currently scheduled to occur in 2016. Please be aware that the actual dates that these events occur on may differ substantially from what is shown here.
- – completion of Gotthard Base Tunnel.
- December 30 – Phase I of New York City's Second Avenue Subway is expected to be completed.
Unknown date events
- Midyear – Manchester Metrolink light rail system's line to Manchester Airport expected to open.
- – The double-track high-speed section from Larvik to Porsgrunn on the Vestfold Line, including the Grenland Tunnel, is expected to open.
- – Earliest expected date for completion of construction on the "Metro North" phase of the Dublin Metro system. Metro North is the key Metro project in Dublin, linking Dublin International Airport with the city centre.
- – New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Commuter Rail commences operations.
- – Expected opening of Link Light Rail extensions in Seattle, Washington to the University of Washington campus (University Link) and Angle Lake (South Link) by Sound Transit.
- – Expected opening of phase 2 of LGV Est, extending the line from Baudrecort to Vendenheim near Strasbourg.
- – Expected completion of LGV Bretagne-Pays de la Loire from Le Mans to Rennes.
- – Expected completion of LGV Sud Europe Atlantique from Tours to Bordeaux.
- – Tuas West extension, a 7.5 km extension of the East West MRT Line in Singapore, scheduled to open.
- – Completion of the Downtown Line Stage 2 (Bugis - Bukit Panjang)
- "Swiss near breakthrough on world's longest tunnel". BBC News. 2010-10-15. Archived from the original on 16 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Gotthard Base Tunnel to be operational from 2016". AlpTransit. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Transit Committee Agenda October/November 2012". Metropolitan Transit Authority. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Vestfoldbanen" (in Norwegian). Norwegian National Rail Administration. Archived from the original on 14 December 2009. Retrieved 27 December 2009.
- Byrne, Cormac (2010-06-10). "Blow as Metro West is hit by more delays in cash squeeze". Herald.ie. Retrieved 2011-07-27.
- "Schedule". New Haven - Hartford - Springfield Rail Program. Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- "University Link Extension". Sound Transit Projects & Plans. Sound Transit. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- "South 200th Link Extension". Sound Transit Projects & Plans. Sound Transit. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- "LGV Est européenne". Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Work starts on LGV Bretagne". Railway Gazette International. 2012-07-31. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "RFF agrees terms for Tours – Bordeaux PPP concession". Railway Gazette International. 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Tuas West Extension construction underway". Railway Gazette International. 2012-05-15. Retrieved 2012-12-06.