|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2015 2016 2017 – 2018 – 2019 2020 2021|
|Ab urbe condita||2771|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁酉年 (Fire Rooster)
4714 or 4654
— to —
戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
4715 or 4655
|- Vikram Samvat||2074–2075|
|- Shaka Samvat||1940–1941|
|- Kali Yuga||5119–5120|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 30
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 107
|Thai solar calendar||2561|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2018.|
2018 (MMXVIII) will be a common year starting on Monday (link displays the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar (dominical letter G), the 2018th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 18th year of the 3rd millennium, the 18th year of the 21st century, and the 9th year of the 2010s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- April 4 – April 15 – 2018 Commonwealth Games is scheduled to be hosted in Gold Coast City, Queensland, Australia.
- July 27 – Mars will make its closest approach to Earth since 2003. It will not be as close as the 2003 opposition.
- The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) is likely to be launched. It is intended as a successor to the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), which was launched in 1990.
- Super computers are projected to reach 1 Exaflop.
- The US missile defense complex in Poland will be operational.
- The London Convention, which prevents sea dumping, expires.
- Researchers and investors in space elevator technology hope to start funding the construction of the first elevator by 2031.
- Aurora Programme Aerocapture and soft landing technology demonstrator for Mars.
- The Helium Centennial Time Columns Monument is expected to be opened 50 years after the time capsule was locked in 1968.
- Expected completion of the Copenhagen City Circle Line
- Launch of the Mars sample return mission.
- NASA's Solar Probe Plus will orbit the Sun.
- Israel will begin to release classified information held in its state archives from the first two decades of its existence.
- "US missile defence shield to be in Poland by 2018". neurope.eu. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- Boyle, A: "Cosmic Log" MSNBC, 10 October 2006