2018 Central American and Caribbean Games
Guatemala last hosted the Games in 1950 (in Guatemala City); Central America last hosted in 2002 (in San Salvador, El Salvador). Panajachel will be venue for sailing, open water swimming and triathlon. However, the Colombian City Santiago de Cali has sent a formal request to the Odecabe committee to host the Central American and Caribbean games (due to the astonishing success of the 2013 World Games) in case that Quetzaltenango be unable to meet with the event logistics, in addition, Santiago de Cali sports venues are completely built and in excellent condition, while Quetzaltenango is delayed in this matter.
- (Spanish) Asamblea ODECABE, Islas Caimán (translation: "CASCO Assembly, Cayman Islands"). Published by CASCO on 2012-10-27; retrieved 2012-11-13.
- (Spanish) ODECABE decide hoy si Xela es sede de lo CA y del Caribe 2018 (translation: "CASCO decides today if Quetzaltenango is the host of the 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games"). Published by Prense Libre on 2012-10-27; retrieved 2012-11-13.
- Administrator. "Inicia el camino a los Juegos C.A. y del Caribe - ElMetropolitano Xela". Xela.elmetropolitano.com.gt. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Guatemala y El Salvador buscan sede 'JCC 2018'" (in Spanish). xeu Deportes. 2011-03-03. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Cali wants to be 2018 Centroamerican and Caribbean games host city http://elpueblo.com.co/cali-busca-ser-sede-de-los-juegos-centroamericanos-y-del-caribe-2018/