From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2018 2019 2020 – 2021 – 2022 2023 2024|
|Ab urbe condita||2774|
|British Regnal year||69 Eliz. 2 – 70 Eliz. 2|
— to —辛丑年十一月廿八日
|- Vikram Samvat||2077–2078|
|- Shaka Samvat||1943–1944|
|- Kali Yuga||5122–5123|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||1021–1022|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 33
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 110
|Thai solar calendar||2564|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 2021|
2021 (MMXXI) will be a common year starting on a Friday. In the Gregorian calendar, it is the 2021st year of the Common Era or Anno Domini designation; the 21st year of the 3rd millennium and of the 21st century; and the second of the 2020s decade
Predicted and scheduled events 
Date unknown 
- Brood X, the largest brood of North American seventeen-year cicadas, will emerge.
- CVN-80, the United States Navy's proposed replacement for the USS Nimitz (CVN-68), to be commissioned.
- Costa Rica has pledged to become a completely carbon-neutral nation by this date. The target date has been set by President Óscar Arias.
- Earliest expected date for the first manned Orion mission.
In fiction 
Computer and video games 
- D/Generation: Genetically engineered bioweapons take over the Singapore laboratory of the fictional genetics company Genoq.
- Shadowrun: On April 30, ten percent of the world's population suddenly transform into new racial types, resulting in the ork and troll races.
- Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (2008)
- Moon Zero Two (1969)
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
- Resiklo (2007)
- Click (2006) Adam Sandler's character visits his father for the last time during 2021.
- In the Terminator novel "New John Connor Chronicles: Dark Futures", Skynet initiates Judgement Day.
- Weapons of Choice by John Birmingham (2004): On January 15, UNPROFLEET, the fleet sailing under the command of Admiral Phillip Kolhammer off the coast of East Timor, disappears, sent back in time to June 2, 1942.
- Set in 2021: