|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2018 2019 2020 – 2021 – 2022 2023 2024|
|Ab urbe condita||2774|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚子年 (Metal Rat)
4717 or 4657
— to —
辛丑年 (Metal Ox)
4718 or 4658
|- Vikram Samvat||2077–2078|
|- Shaka Samvat||1943–1944|
|- Kali Yuga||5122–5123|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 33
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 110
|Thai solar calendar||2564|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2021.|
2021 (MMXXI) will be a common year starting on Friday (link displays the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2021st year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 21st year of the 3rd millennium, the 21st year of the 21st century, and the 2nd year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- The Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link in Denmark is expected to be completed.
- Brood X, the largest brood of North American seventeen-year cicadas, will emerge.
- Costa Rica has pledged to become a completely carbon-neutral nation by this date. The target date has been set by President Óscar Arias.
- Earliest expected date for the first manned Orion mission.
Computer and video games
- Dead Rising 3 game takes place during March 23-31, 2021
- D/Generation: Genetically engineered bioweapons take over the Singapore laboratory of the fictional genetics company Genoq.
- Shadowrun: On April 30, ten percent of the world's population suddenly transform into new racial types, resulting in the ork and troll races.
- Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (2008)
- Moon Zero Two (1969)
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
- Resiklo (2007)
- Click (2006) Adam Sandler's character visits his father for the last time during 2021.
- In the Terminator novel "New John Connor Chronicles: Dark Futures", Skynet initiates Judgement Day.
- Weapons of Choice by John Birmingham (2004): On January 15, UNPROFLEET, the fleet sailing under the command of Admiral Phillip Kolhammer off the coast of East Timor, disappears, sent back in time to June 2, 1942.
- Set in 2021: