|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2019 2020 2021 – 2022 – 2023 2024 2025|
|Ab urbe condita||2775|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||辛丑年 (Metal Ox)
4718 or 4658
— to —
壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
4719 or 4659
|- Vikram Samvat||2078–2079|
|- Shaka Samvat||1944–1945|
|- Kali Yuga||5123–5124|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 34
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 111
|Thai solar calendar||2565|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2022.|
2022 (MMXXII) will be a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2022nd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 22nd year of the 3rd millennium, the 22nd year of the 21st century, and the 3rd year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- The European Extremely Large Telescope is scheduled to be completed.
- FIFA's World Cup will be hosted by Qatar.
- Germany plans to phase out the last of its nuclear power plants.
- 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann will possibly cause a meteor shower.
- China's large orbital station expected to be completed.
- ESA's Jupiter Icy Moon Explorer is scheduled to be launched.
- The fictional video game Sword Art Online, from the light novel series of the same name, is launched at 13.00 on 6 November 2022.
Set in 2022:
- Soylent Green (1973)
- No Escape (1994)
- Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time (2003), according to Ron Stoppable, Shego is the dictator of the world known as The Supreme One at this point ("20 years from now").
- 2022 Tsunami (2009), a Thai film about six earthquakes occurring simultaneously all over the world which causes the biggest tsunami in history.
- The Purge (2013), from the evening of March 21 to the morning of March 22.
- Goldfinger (film) (1964), the film's antagonist, Auric Goldfinger, states that he planned to release an atomic device over Fort Knox's gold vault, which would make the gold useless for 58 years. If the plan was set in motion, the gold would be radiated until 2022.
- Year Zero (2007): According to the information discovered from the viral marketing campaign for the concept album by Nine Inch Nails, its story takes place in 2022 A.D., which in America is referred to as 0000 B.A. (Born Again) after several cataclysmic events.
- In the fictional Cowboy Bebop universe, an accident involving an experimental warp gateway destroys the Moon in 2022, devastating the Earth and resulting in the settlement of other planets in the Solar System.
- Robotech (1985) SDF-3 & Pioneer Expedition set out for Tirol.
- seaQuest DSV (1995): seaQuest is abducted from Earth.
- The anime Sword Art Online begins in November 2022.
- Perfect Dark (Game Boy Color) (2000).
- "Germany: Nuclear power plants to close by 2022". BBC News. May 30, 2011.
- "China Details Ambitious Space Station Goals". Space.com. 2011-03-07. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- Jonathan Amos (2012-05-02). "Esa selects 1bn-euro Juice probe to Jupiter". BBC News Online (BBC). Retrieved 2012-05-13.