|Also known as||AD 2030|
|Genre||Adventure, Sci-fi, Children's|
|Created by||Angela Bruce
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Location(s)||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Production company(s)||Angela Bruce Productions
Buffalo Gal Pictures
Yan Moore Productions Ltd.
Minds Eye Entertainment
Minds Eye International
|Distributor||Canadian Broadcasting Corporation|
|Original airing||February 6, 2002 - April 3, 2003|
2030 CE is a Canadian children's TV series that aired for two seasons on YTV in 2002. It aired in the U.S. on Showtime. The series was created by Angela Bruce, Dennis Foon and Yan Moore. A third season had been planned, but was cancelled after financial supporters backed out, presumably due to low ratings. It was filmed in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Science, government, and industry united to form Nexes, an all-powerful body that controls every aspect of society. In order to make up for their short life spans, people are assigned careers at a young age and put through intensive schooling specific to their assigned careers - they graduate and start work at age 14 as experts in their field, but ignorant about almost anything else. The result is that no one has enough knowledge to see the full picture, or question the world around them, leaving those few people in charge of Nexes with absolute power.
Nexes was meant to be a temporary solution, working to find a cure for P.A.S. so that life could return to the way it was. Aware that a cure will mean the end of their absolute rule, the powers that be within Nexes are not doing any research on the disease. Unfortunately for them, humanity is attempting to cure itself - people are being born in whom the P.A.S mutation are not present. In order to stop others from noticing, Nexes moves these people into dangerous career paths, and makes sure that they are dead before they become old enough for the disease to have affected them.
The show follows Hart Greyson, a 14-year-old boy who was training to be a doctor. Upon his graduation at the top of his class, he is told that a genetic flaw has been discovered within him, making him unsuitable for a medical career. Instead he is assigned to be a bio-tech, an extremely dangerous job in which he will likely be killed before he turns 20. Knowing that he does not have the flaw he has been accused of, Hart starts to look more closely at the operation of Nexes, and realizes that it is corrupt. He joins Storm, a small team of rebels that is attempting to cure P.A.S and destroy Nexes.
His sister, 12-year-old Rome Greyson, is a genetics genius and also very talented with computer operations. She becomes a strong ally.
Jakki is a member of the Storm and also one of the first long-term contacts that Hart makes. She is in the fight for several reasons, but mostly to find her lover, Dax, another of the people that Nexes has made an effort to eliminate.
Another key member is Zeus, a technical genius with a mysterious past, who is responsible for most of Storm's successful operations.
Finally, there is also the mysterious Quixote, who first appeared to Hart, and then the rest of his friends. This strange being appears to possess strange, if not magical powers, being able to disappear at will and disable securities with the wave of a hand. Although seemingly benevolent, Quixote's motives are dubious at best, and she sometimes shows a sadistic side. She ends the series, enigmatically saying, after being rejoined by another Quixote: "One Quixote, two Quixote, three Quixote, four, and more, and more. We're taking over" to which Zeus replies "I have a bad feeling about this".
- Hart Greyson (played by Corey Sevier) – Age 15, smart, athletic, and funny.
- Rome Greyson (played by Tatiana Maslany) – Age 12, hip, open-minded, a whiz with the computer.
- Robby Drake (played by Neil Denis) – Age 15, Hart's best friend.
- Jakki Kaan (played by Jessica Lucas) – Age 15, free spirit, fearless and bright.
- Dr. Maxine Rich (played by Elyse Levesque) – Age 19, all charm on the outside, she is as hard as steel on the inside. She's smart, savvy, and shrewd.
- Zeus (played by Curtis Harrison) – Age 19, technical genius who takes up leadership of the storm after blaming himself for a failed mission. Shares a mysterious past with Dr. Rich.
- Quixote (played by Skye O.J. Kneller) – Age unknown, a girl who looks to be 12. Often comes to the aid of Hart.
- 1x01: Happy Destiny Day/ 6 February 2002
- 1x02: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes/ 13 February 2002
- 1x03: First Assignment/ 20 February 2002
- 1x04: Cat and Mouse/ 27 February 2002
- 1x05: The Lord Helps Those Who Help Themselves/ 6 March 2002
- 1x06: Free Jake/ 13 March 2002
- 1x07: Strange Medicine/ 20 March 2002
- 1x08: The Whole Truth/ 27 March 2002
- 1x09: Do You Know who Your Friends Are?/ 3 April 2002
- 1x10: Live Bait/10 April 2002
- 1x11: Trial and Punishment/ 17 April 2002
- 1x12: Into the Lion's Lair/ 24 April 2002
- 1x13: Plan B/ 1 May 2002
- 2x01: Where's Robby?/ 9 January 2003
- 2x02: Free Robby/ 16 January 2003
- 2x03: The Defector/ 23 January 2003
- 2x04: Get Victor/ 30 January 2003
- 2x05: The Ghost/ 6 February 2003
- 2x06: The One That Got Away/ 13 February 2003
- 2x07: Blood and Ice/ 20 February 2003
- 2x08: Faint Hope Clause/ 27 February 2003
- 2x09: The Saboteur/ 6 March 2003
- 2x10: Prisoners/ 13 March 2003
- 2x11: Batteries Not Included/ 20 March 2003
- 2x12: Endgame/ 27 March 2003
- 2x13: Reunion/ 3 April 2003
- The Tribe, a 1999 New-Zealand post-apocalypse series based on the death of all adults.
- Jeremiah, a 2002 American post-apocalypse series based on the death of all adults.