|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2000s 2010s 2020s – 2030s – 2040s 2050s 2060s|
|Years:||2035 2036 2037 – 2038 – 2039 2040 2041|
|Ab urbe condita||2791|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁巳年 (Fire Snake)
4734 or 4674
— to —
戊午年 (Earth Horse)
4735 or 4675
|- Vikram Samvat||2094–2095|
|- Shaka Samvat||1960–1961|
|- Kali Yuga||5139–5140|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 50
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 127
|Thai solar calendar||2581|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2038.|
2038 (MMXXXVIII) will be a common year starting on Friday of the Gregorian calendar (dominical letter C), the 2038th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 38th year of the 3rd millennium, the 38th year of the 21st century, and the 9th year of the 2030s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 5 – Annular solar eclipse in the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and western Africa.
- January 19 – 03:14:08 UTC – Year 2038 problem: A common computing representation of date and time will overflow, with potential results similar to the year 2000 problem.
- April 12 – Documents related to the NSA's PRISM program were to be declassified by the United States Government.
- April 25 – Easter occurs on its latest possible date. The last time this occurred was in 1943.
Computer video games
Film and television
- According to Futurama, petroleum reserves run dry during this year.
- In V for Vendetta, the Palace of Westminster in London is destroyed by V on November 5.
- September – According to the film JFK, previously classified documents relating to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy will be released to the public. However, the actual date is 2017.
- The 1989 Japanese movie Gunhed takes place in this year.
- In the Ben 10 universe, the events of Ken 10 occur in this year beginning on Ken's 10th birthday. (2007)
- In on strip from the webcomic xkcd, 2038 is predicted to be the year the last of the original Star Wars cast dies.
- "Verizon forced to hand over telephone data – full court ruling". London: The Guardian. June 6, 2013. Retrieved 12 June 2013.