From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2000s 2010s 2020s – 2030s – 2040s 2050s 2060s|
|Years:||2035 2036 2037 – 2038 – 2039 2040 2041|
|Ab urbe condita||2791|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁巳年 (Fire Snake)
4734 or 4674
— to —
戊午年 (Earth Horse)
4735 or 4675
|- Vikram Samvat||2094–2095|
|- Shaka Samvat||1960–1961|
|- Kali Yuga||5139–5140|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 50
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 127
|Thai solar calendar||2581|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2038.|
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 5 – Annular solar eclipse in the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and western Africa.
- January 19 – 03:14:08 UTC – Year 2038 problem: A common computing representation of date and time will overflow, with potential results similar to the year 2000 problem.
- April 12 – Documents related to the NSA's PRISM program were to be declassified by the United States Government.
- April 25 – Easter occurs on its latest possible date. The last time this occurred was in 1943.
Computer video games
Film and television
- According to Futurama, petroleum reserves run dry during this year.
- In V for Vendetta, the Palace of Westminster in London is destroyed by V on November 5.
- September – According to the film JFK, previously classified documents relating to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy will be released to the public. However, the actual date is 2017.
- The 1989 Japanese movie Gunhed takes place in this year.
- In the Ben 10 universe, the events of Ken 10 occur in this year beginning on Ken's 10th birthday. (2007)