From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2010s 2020s 2030s – 2040s – 2050s 2060s 2070s|
|Years:||2039 2040 2041 – 2042 – 2043 2044 2045|
|Ab urbe condita||2795|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||辛酉年 (Metal Rooster)
4738 or 4678
— to —
壬戌年 (Water Dog)
4739 or 4679
|- Vikram Samvat||2098–2099|
|- Shaka Samvat||1964–1965|
|- Kali Yuga||5143–5144|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 54
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 131
|Thai solar calendar||2585|
Predicted and scheduled events
- April 30 – The Nickelodeon time capsule will be dug up.
- September 17 – A common computing representation of date and time on IBM mainframe systems will overflow with potential results similar to the year 2000 problem.
- According to the United States Census Bureau, Americans who identify themselves as Hispanic or Latino, African American, Asian, Pacific Islander, and Native American will collectively outnumber Whites of non-Hispanic origin.
- On the ABC series Defying Gravity, the mission to Mars took place in this year, ten years before the Antares Mission in 2052.
- The Japanese version of Snatcher, a graphic adventure game originally released in 1988, is set in December 2042. The English localization of Snatcher moved the setting to 2047.
- Under a Killing Moon, a graphic adventure game released in 1994 is set in December 2042.
- Paul Levinson's The Plot to Save Socrates starts in 2042, from which the novel's time traveling characters embark on what the title says.
- Jennifer M. Ortman; Christine E. Guarneri, United States Population Projections: 2000 to 2050.