|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2010s 2020s 2030s – 2040s – 2050s 2060s 2070s|
|Years:||2043 2044 2045 – 2046 – 2047 2048 2049|
|Ab urbe condita||2799|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
4742 or 4682
— to —
丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
4743 or 4683
|- Vikram Samvat||2102–2103|
|- Shaka Samvat||1968–1969|
|- Kali Yuga||5147–5148|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 58
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 135
|Thai solar calendar||2589|
2046 (MMXLVI) will be a common year starting on Monday (link displays the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2046th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 46th year of the 3rd millennium, the 46th year of the 21st century, and the 7th year of the 2040s decade.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2014)|
- Contrary to some pre-release speculations, the 2004 film 2046 does not entirely take place in this year. Rather, a science fiction subplot set in that year does form part of the narrative. The date is a reference to the end of the fifty year period of One country, two systems that allows Hong Kong to remain a separate Administrative Region. In 2047 Hong Kong will no longer maintain its separate capitalist political and economic system and its own way of life protected under the Sino-British Joint Declaration.
- The 2009 video for the songs PerfektBreitHimmelblau take place in this year.
- The film Doom, based on the video game series of the same name, takes place in this year.
- The Epilogue of the Jordan Chandler novel A Decibel Eight takes place this year.
- The 1994 Cyberpunk Anime series Armitage III is set in this year.
- Macross 7: Trash, a manga series by Haruhiko Mikimoto, serving as a side-story to Macross 7.
- Events told in Defiance occurs in that year.
- One of the main characters in the 1993 film, the Demolition Man, is said to be eligible for parole in that year.
- The manga and anime Accel World takes place in 2046.