From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 2063)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2007)|
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2030s 2040s 2050s – 2060s – 2070s 2080s 2090s|
|Years:||2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069|
The 2060s decade will begin on January 1, 2060 and will end on December 31, 2069.
- One third of the world's energy could be solar, according to projections by the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Commercial mining of the Moon's elements could be economically feasible.
- Expected expiration of the Singapore-Malaysia Water Agreement.
- July 28 – Halley's Comet reaches its perihelion, the closest point to the Sun—the last return reached its perihelion on February 9, 1986.
- November 11 – Transit of Mercury
- November 22 12:45 UTC—Venus will occult Jupiter. It will be very difficult to observe from Earth, because the elongation of Venus and Jupiter from the Sun at this time will be only 7 degrees. This event will be the first occultation of a planet by another since January 3, 1818; however the next will occur less than two years later, on July 15, 2067.
- The UK is projected to have at least half a million people aged over 100.
- February 15 – Assuming no further extensions to the term of copyrights become law in the interim, all sound recordings fixed before February 15, 1972 will enter the public domain in the U.S.
- July 15 – 11:56 UTC—Mercury will occult Neptune. This rare event will be very difficult to observe from Earth.
- October – A METI message Cosmic Call 1 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, HD 178428 star.
- The Helium Centennial Time Columns Monument is expected to be opened 100 years after the time capsule was locked in 1968.
- November – A METI message, Cosmic Call 1, sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar in 1999, arrives at its destination, 16 Cyg A star.
Metaphysical speculation 
- Isaac Newton predicted that the world, according to his interpretation of the Bible, would end no sooner than 2060.
- The astrologer Dane Rudhyar, who was influential in the New Age movement, predicted in 1972 that the Age of Aquarius would begin in AD 2062.
Fictional references 
- In The Planet of Doubt, the Young expedition explores Uranus.
- The storyline of the anime The Wonderful Galaxy of Oz is set in the year 2060.
- On September 14, according to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, the United Nations Starship Unity launches from the remnants of Earth to the Alpha Centauri System and the planet Chiron.
- BE, a concept album by Swedish progressive metal band Pain of Salvation, tells that in this year the human population will be reduced to only 1.2 million.
- On May 21, The Last Question is asked for the first time.
- Arthur C. Clarke's novel 2061: Odyssey Three takes place.
- around June in "The Rip Van Winkle Caper" episode of The Twilight Zone, three of the four gold burglars awake from a century of being in a state of suspended animation.
- The television show Real Drive takes place.
- Year of the first Mars revolution and the Third World War on Earth, according to the plot of Kim Stanley Robinson's novel Red Mars.
- The events of the Commodore 64 computer game Project Firestart begin on September 12 of this year.
- Fireball XL5 takes place in 2062.
- The Red Star is banned together under the Solar Federation in Rush's song "2112".
- The Jetsons is supposed to take place in the year 2062.
- In Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, the Tiberium infestation on planet Earth has reached critical levels by 2062 and Kane, leader of the Brotherhood of Nod, approaches GDI command in order to contain the organism, in a diplomatic meeting taking place in the destroyed city of Manchester
- The Last Dodo takes place in this year.
- In Star Trek chronology, Zefram Cochrane makes Earth's first warp speed flight on April 5. That night, Vulcan scientists, having discovered the warp signature from Cochrane's ship, make first contact with Earth. Most of the film Star Trek: First Contact is set in 2063.
- The events of the CD-i video game Burn:Cycle take place on July 25, 2063. Sol cutter a Data thief using a kind of Neural interface, Brain–computer interface gets infected with a virus that will kill him in 2 hours unless the game player can prevent it. Not much is known about Sol cutters world but they have flying cars that use cold fusion technology. They also have orbital colonies for Space tourists.
- In Space: Above and Beyond chronology, interstellar Chig war begins following the destruction of the Earth Vesta and Tellus colonies in 2063.
- In the Futurama episode "Crimes of the Hot", scientists began to drop a massive sized block of ice in the ocean to combat global warming every now and then until 3002, when Earth's orbit was moved, thus cooling the atmosphere dramatically.
- Stingray takes place in 2064.
- The timekeeping system used in Greg Egan's Diaspora starts on 1 January 2065
- Thunderbirds takes place in 2065.
- The book "The Giver" is set during this time period.
- Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within The opening Dream Scene takes place on December 13, 2065.
- American comic book Atarian Conquest initially takes place in the Earth year of 2066.
- Half-Life mod USS Darkstar is set in 2066.
- In The Simpsons episode, "The Boys of Bummer", the ending is set in 2067, sixty years after the episode was first broadcast in 2007. A 70-year old Milhouse nearly lets it slip to a 70-year old Bart that the game was faked to make up for his lack of talent. The ghosts of Homer and Marge watch Bart taunt Milhouse, and Homer attempts to talk Marge in to having ghost sex with him, only for Marge to tell him that "ghost sex is nothing."
- Friendship One will be launched (Star Trek: Voyager)
- Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons takes place in 2068.
- Gerry Anderson's New Captain Scarlet takes place in 2068.
- Savage Planet takes place in the year 2068.
- The Titan War of the Cowboy Bebop series takes place in 2068.
- The Lotus Caves, a novel by John Christopher, takes place in 2068.
- The 'Death World' film series takes place in 2068.
- The planet Kareti is discovered by Weyland Industries in 2068.
- In Nebulous, Professor Nebulous accidentally destroyed the Isle of Wight on May 15, when he tried to move it 10 kilometers to the left in order to give it more sun.
- The Half-Life 2 mod "Dystopia" takes place in 2069.
- In the Torchwood audio play Asylum, Freda was born in the year 2069.
- In "Mass Effect" the Luna colony was established in 2069.
- "Moon mine 'could start in 50 years'". BBC News. January 2, 2012.
- "Young people 'more likely to reach 100 years old'". BBC News. August 4, 2011.
- "Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States, 1 January 2011". Cornell Law School. Retrieved September 15, 2011.
- The General Scholium
- The Daily Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/02/22/newt22.xml
|url=missing title (help).
- Rudhyar, Dane Astrological Timing: The Transition to the New Age New York: 1972 Harper & Row
- Scott, Ridley (06/08/2012). "Prometheus; the Motion Picture" (Webpage). Project Prometheus. Twentieth Century Fox©. pp. KOI–723.06: Kareti. Archived from the original on 06/08/2012. Retrieved 21 October 2012.